What Every Potential Expat Should First Consider Before Moving To Panama'

there are never solutions for all problems. But, before feeling sorry for the Panamanian gov remember there are over a hundred thousand Panamanian's in the US, the US gov gives hundreds of millions in aid to Panama every year. Question why Medicaid doesn't cover expats out of the US where care is much cheaper thus saving the US millions. Why do people have to be terminally ill to receive assisted suicide. Why is suicide illegal in the first place. The Panamanian gov has financial problems because Martinelli spent like a drunken sailor not because of expats receiving a very cheap level of care in regional hospitals. Would a solution be a good thing? Yes, so why don't the two govs initiate a health care treaty.

JudyS to look on the positive side. You saved about $7,600 by dropping Part B for 6 years. Putting it towards your $56 per month increase the savings should help pay towards the next 11 years payments. Add a little interest to the savings and it could stretch a year or two longer.

I hope I've got this right please someone correct me. It does show how complicated and inter connected all the possible options are.

3 hours ago, JudyS said:

The body has its own agenda.  Even if you want to die and are ready, the body hangs on.  It is programmed for survival, not philosophy.  It will hang on beyond all reason.  That is why enlightened states in the U.S. have passed laws to allow assisted suicide, to prevent prolonged, useless suffering when there is no chance of recovery.  It is highly unlikely such laws will ever exist in Panama. 

While this is true that it's highly unlikely such laws will ever exist in Panama, suicide is suicide, why would one need assistance? People commit suicide every day with no help at all.  Just saying.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Jim Tosch said:

there are never solutions for all problems. But, before feeling sorry for the Panamanian gov remember there are over a hundred thousand Panamanian's in the US, the US gov gives hundreds of millions in aid to Panama every year. Question why Medicaid doesn't cover expats out of the US where care is much cheaper thus saving the US millions. Why do people have to be terminally ill to receive assisted suicide. Why is suicide illegal in the first place. The Panamanian gov has financial problems because Martinelli spent like a drunken sailor not because of expats receiving a very cheap level of care in regional hospitals. Would a solution be a good thing? Yes, so why don't the two govs initiate a health care treaty.

Amen

10 minutes ago, JoJo said:

While this is true that it's highly unlikely such laws will ever exist in Panama, suicide is suicide, why would one need assistance? People commit suicide every day with no help at all.  Just saying.

Assisted suicide is done gently with drugs.  If a person is disabled they might not be able to do it the usual ways.

Judy S 

i am getting a good laugh out of the assisted suicide question. It would be reverse evolution. The capable people would die while the idiots would fail. I had an emergency room nurse tell me that I would be shocked how many people blow the whole front of their face off by aiming the gun straight up instead of back into their brain. Women fail more often than men because they use prescription drugs and wake up with a bad hangover a few days later. I think suicide should be easily available for anyone who wants it and it is in one Euro country. But, it is more difficult than you would suspect.

1 hour ago, Jim Tosch said:

Judy S 

i am getting a good laugh out of the assisted suicide question. It would be reverse evolution. The capable people would die while the idiots would fail. I had an emergency room nurse tell me that I would be shocked how many people blow the whole front of their face off by aiming the gun straight up instead of back into their brain. Women fail more often than men because they use prescription drugs and wake up with a bad hangover a few days later. I think suicide should be easily available for anyone who wants it and it is in one Euro country. But, it is more difficult than you would suspect.

I'm not sure what there is to laugh about here.

I find irony funny. Reversing hundreds of thousands of years of evolution by means of stupid laws is a laughing matter to me. The fact that our prisons cannot execute criminals without screwing it up with Doctors in charge is beyond belief. A large percentage of people cannot get suicide right which is strong evidence that suicide may be their best choice.

On 11/15/2015, 3:45:55, Bonnie said:

Gloria Detresno

detresno@usa.net

6615-6391

Gloria and her husband Pedro are simply the best. I went to her on the recommendation of Penny Barrett and have never been happier with service. They even come to your house to deliver documents and collect payments.

What is the name of this insurance so I can look it up?  I don't want to call an agent until I get some more information.  I might be too old for it.

Gloria can sell you any kind of insurance as she is an independent agent. I buy my homeowner's and contents insurance from her. She can also sell health insurance. She and Pedro are the best. They've rescued me from car trouble on more than one occasion.

On 11/19/2015, 8:56:28, Jim Tosch said:

Jim, apart from funding to help fight the war on drugs, under which programs does the U.S. currently give hundreds of millions of dollars to Panama?

"In 2012, Panama joined Chile, South Korea, and Poland as countries that have successfully reached the point at which they can propel their own development without the need for significant U.S. assistance."

https://www.usaid.gov/where-we-work/latin-american-and-caribbean/panama

I find irony funny. Reversing hundreds of thousands of years of evolution by means of stupid laws is a laughing matter to me. The fact that our prisons cannot execute criminals without screwing it up with Doctors in charge is beyond belief. A large percentage of people cannot get suicide right which is strong evidence that suicide may be their best choice.

Keith, do you really want to make me go to work? I am going to take the easy way out. Take a look at the defense system In Panama. It is completely covered by satellite and marine defense. Last year the Us gave 300 million to Panama, Confession time, much of this is for the stupid drug regime imposed by the US. But, all considered, the US is the most important source of income that PAnama has,

On 11/19/2015, 8:30:28, JudyS said:

The body has its own agenda.  Even if you want to die and are ready, the body hangs on.  It is programmed for survival, not philosophy.  It will hang on beyond all reason.  That is why enlightened states in the U.S. have passed laws to allow assisted suicide, to prevent prolonged, useless suffering when there is no chance of recovery.  It is highly unlikely such laws will ever exist in Panama. 

And how many states in the US allow assisted suicide? Two?

2 hours ago, Keith Woolford said:

Jim, apart from funding to help fight the war on drugs, under which programs does the U.S. currently give hundreds of millions of dollars to Panama?

"In 2012, Panama joined Chile, South Korea, and Poland as countries that have successfully reached the point at which they can propel their own development without the need for significant U.S. assistance."

https://www.usaid.gov/where-we-work/latin-american-and-caribbean/panama

Wars on everything to distract the people from the fact that the US government is BROKE, DEAD BROKE. War on drugs, war on terror, war on poverty...nice words about "wars" that have never been won and never will be.

2 hours ago, Jim Tosch said:

Keith, do you really want to make me go to work? I am going to take the easy way out. Take a look at the defense system In Panama. It is completely covered by satellite and marine defense. Last year the Us gave 300 million to Panama, Confession time, much of this is for the stupid drug regime imposed by the US. But, all considered, the US is the most important source of income that PAnama has,

Sez who? Yes, I for one would like some citations to these claims.

The "drug war" doesn't "benefit" Panama. It is part of a global effort and supports not Panama but what the U.S. government misguidedly believes to be good public policy. I also would venture to say that any defense systems the U.S. has created here benefit U.S. interests in keeping the canal open and U.S. interests secure. The U.S. may or may not have invested $300 million dollars in this effort, but, if it did, it was to protect its own interests, not to aid in the development of Panama.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Bonnie said:

Sez who? Yes, I for one would like some citations to these claims.

The "drug war" doesn't "benefit" Panama. It is part of a global effort and supports not Panama but what the U.S. government misguidedly believes to be good public policy. I also would venture to say that any defense systems the U.S. has created here benefit U.S. interests in keeping the canal open and U.S. interests secure. The U.S. may or may not have invested $300 million dollars in this effort, but, if it did, it was to protect its own interests, not to aid in the development of Panama.

Amen, Bonnie!

I don't think many countries ever give aid except to further their own agenda. However self-serving aid is still aid. The fact that the US invests in keeping the canal safe is critically important to Panama. Ironically, the main threat to the canal is the fact that it is so important to the US.. 

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2015‎ ‎8‎:‎30‎:‎28‎, JudyS said:

It has been interesting for me that it is considered "human" if you have a farm animal like a horse, house pet, etc i to place them "to sleep" because they are having terrible suffering from their disease, illness or wounds but that same "human" treatment is not given to person who have terminal disease and are suffering to much with pain. 

• Upvote 1