Panama Represented in the Rose Bowl Parade

• Admin_01 changed the title to Panama Represented in the Rose Bowl Parade

The most interesting thing is this is a public school located in the city of Chitre, province of Herrera.   Young and very talented people from the interior.  One of the best school band in Panama.

With big efforts from their parents, family members, community those young people did a lot of activities to rise funds to cover the cost of the air tickets and expenses.  They could make it.  I feel so proud of those young students.   Panama still have hope with these young people.

Edited by Roger B
  • Upvote 2

What a beautiful presentation and impression these young people made.

Here’s a link to the longest video clip I’ve seen ..with U.S. commentators (not too many errors  ..celebrating the Congolese culture? in polleras? Yikes!)

https://www.tvn-2.com/variedad/de-todo-un-poco/Panama-se-luce-en-Desfiles-de-Las-Rosas-EEUU_0_4930756902.html

Edited by Keith Woolford
  • Like 1

I was fortunate enough to have a chance to talk with these young people while they were waiting to go into the parade in Boquete.  They had the "Rose Bowl" banners stretched over their tubas and it caught my interest.  They were so excited about going to the US to be in the Rose Bowl parade.  They were practicing their English with me.  I was so excited when I started watching the parade on Monday, I posted it on fb and messenger to everyone what channel they could watch it on in English and that Panama was going to be represented.  So proud of these young people from Panama.  Go Panama!!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Moderators

Panama Band in New Year Rose Parade

Posted on January 3, 2018 in Panama

Herbert-Lopez-bandherbertolocc81pez_o-62
Post Views: 166

THE Herberto López Band from the José Daniel Crespo school in Chitre, made its second appearance representing Latin America at the annual Rose Bowl parade in Pasadena, California, on Monday, January 1.

The band composed of 240 students, was one of 22 bands that attended the activity , which has been held annually to welcome the New Year. since 1890.

http://www.newsroompanama.com/news/panama/panama-band-new-year-rose-parade