How to Register to Get the Covid-19 Vaccination Here in Panama

• Moderators

For those wishing to get vaccinated against the Covid-19 here in Panama, there now is a website discussing the Panamá Solidario "Movement" (basically how Panama is helping those affected by the pandemic, including healthcare, funds, food deliveries, etc.). Here is the link to the "top" of that website.

https://www.panamasolidario.gob.pa/

Then click on the "Vacunas" topic to register for the vaccination. Or you can click here to go directly to that page:

https://vacunas.panamasolidario.gob.pa/vacunas/

We have been told that Panama has established four "categories" (priorities) as to who gets the vaccinations in what order. We cannot find any specific details, so if someone can provide such a link or reference, please let us know. We have also been told that the first two categories will be the Pfizer vaccine, and likely that the third and fourth categories will be the Moderno vaccine, but that is not corroborated information.

We cannot document but suspect the first category will include first responders and the front line (medical and related personnel), etc. It is logical to think the second category will include seniors with comorbidity issues, such as hypertension, diabetes, respiratory issues, obesity, etc. Again, this is speculation on our part.

Finally, it is our understanding that there will be no charge for the vaccines. Registration involves only your cedula number, date of birth, and then on the second page some personal information as to mobility issues, pregnancy status, and comorbidity issues. If you do not have a cedula then we do not know if this website can be used. The website is totally in Spanish, however we found it easy to navigate. Registrants are required on a second page of the website to enter a cell phone number, and optionally a landline telephone, plus your location information, etc. If you do not have a cell phone, we are told that entering eight zeros in that field will allow the registration to proceed.

Disclaimer: This posting is not intended to recommend any action on your part as to whether you will or will not be vaccinated. That is a personal decision. This posting simply provides information for those wishing to be vaccinated or to learn more about how Panama is rolling out this program.

Note:   In very small print this is written at the bottom of the form:

"This form is intended to manage the registration of those people who are interested in being vaccinated against COVID-19. The registry of those interested seeks to facilitate the procedure and logistics in the distribution and application of said vaccines, take the necessary provisions according to the condition of the person, as well as managing the quantities to be distributed by sector and population density. Lack of registration does not imply exclusion in the vaccination process. The information handled by this registry also consists of validating the data of the interested party as a measure of When filling out the form, it will be taken as a sworn statement about the information provided, which must be truthful,and its sending will be understood as consent for the use of this for the aforementioned purposes and for automatic registration in the single portal www.panamadigital.gob.pa, which will allow you to access the vaccination monitoring process, and other state services in as required, and for the handling and personal use of the interested party for the procedures requested. "

• Upvote 1

When filling out the form to receive a vaccine, I ran into a problem.  Under residence/address and after noting the province of Chiriqui, the next drop down menu listed Districts.  Unfortunately, Boquete is not listed.  Did anyone else have this problem?  Is there a solution?

I just answered my own question.  Instead of filling out the form using English directions, I filled it out using Spanish directions.  Magically, Boquete shows up as a district.  I was then registered after completing the rest of the form.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Moderator_02 said:

For those wishing to get vaccinated against the Covid-19 here in Panama, there now is a website discussing the Panamá Solidario "Movement" (basically how Panama is helping those affected by the pandemic, including healthcare, funds, food deliveries, etc.). Here is the link to the "top" of that website.

https://www.panamasolidario.gob.pa/

Then click on the "Vacunas" topic to register for the vaccination. Or you can click here to go directly to that page:

https://vacunas.panamasolidario.gob.pa/vacunas/

We have been told that Panama has established four "categories" (priorities) as to who gets the vaccinations in what order. We cannot find any specific details, so if someone can provide such a link or reference, please let us know. We have also been told that the first two categories will be the Pfizer vaccine, and likely that the third and fourth categories will be the Moderno vaccine, but that is not corroborated information.

We cannot document but suspect the first category will include first responders and the front line (medical and related personnel), etc. It is logical to think the second category will include seniors with comorbidity issues, such as hypertension, diabetes, respiratory issues, obesity, etc. Again, this is speculation on our part.

Finally, it is our understanding that there will be no charge for the vaccines. Registration involves only your cedula number, date of birth, and then on the second page some personal information as to mobility issues, pregnancy status, and comorbidity issues. If you do not have a cedula then we do not know if this website can be used. The website is totally in Spanish, however we found it easy to navigate. Registrants are required on a second page of the website to enter a cell phone number, and optionally a landline telephone, plus your location information, etc. If you do not have a cell phone, we are told that entering eight zeros in that field will allow the registration to proceed.

Disclaimer: This posting is not intended to recommend any action on your part as to whether you will or will not be vaccinated. That is a personal decision. This posting simply provides information for those wishing to be vaccinated or to learn more about how Panama is rolling out this program.

So...does anyone have any information in how one can register if we do not have a cedula, just a Carnet?   Neither Carnet nor passport is acceptable as ID.

I see that the form asks for a cedula number so I'm assuming that this is a requirement for registration. Since I don't have one yet and the office in PC is currently closed I'm wondering if this is true and if they will accept the permanent residency card number. Anybody know?

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Beach Gringa said:

please follow this link to the chart of vaccination schedule. https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10159078587584104&set=g.1868790166754308

sorry I do not know how to insert the image....

We continue to have difficulty accessing information from Facebook. When I clicked on the link you provided, here is the error message we got:

FB rejection.jpg

This is one of several reasons that FB is not high on our list. Security is another. And then the exploitation of private information is another. We are happy that so many are able to use FB to their advantage, but FB just does not like us.

Can someone help see the content that is referred to?

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Jazz Man said:

When filling out the form to receive a vaccine, I ran into a problem.  Under residence/address and after noting the province of Chiriqui, the next drop down menu listed Districts.  Unfortunately, Boquete is not listed.  Did anyone else have this problem?  Is there a solution?

Boquete is both a district and a city/municipality. Further, our corregiamento is Los Naranjos, which is also needed to be entered.

It's not readily apparent to me what value there is in filling out this form.  There is no suggestion that it will get you vaccinated any sooner than anyone else.  It's not even clear in the explanation on the form what the government will do with it.  This isn't a very effective demographic measure, and it sure isn't the census that didn't happen last year as planned.  The government had better not be making distribution decisions based on who responds to a voluntary internet form.

On the other hand, I don't see any harm in filling it out.

When I filled out my form neither my husband nor I could find Boquete in the drop-down.  Unfortunately we just picked what was close...and of course, wrong.  I just went in and now come to find you can not edit.  All I can say is....we never found Boquete when filled out the form.   JazzMan found it by using Spanish mode rather than the English translation. Eh, I don't really think it matters if you have filled out the form or not.   I believe it will be a bit of time before we can receive it here in Boquete; plenty of time to figure out what's really up. 

I obtained my jubilado 7 years ago which does not expire.

Unfortunately the form expects an cedula ID entry and doesn't accept my jubilado id number (the ID number is formatted differently).

Any suggestions as to how to register using a jubilado?

My thanks to NewsLady for the answer to my question about using a jubilado to register for the vaccination.

Taken from NewsLady's post  in "News.Boquete" Archives

The Panama Solidario website link does in fact only accept Panamanian cédulas or permanent resident CIP cards, but everyone has the right to receive the vaccine, and MINSA will be setting up kiosks at their facilities to register people with other IDs
The online registration site is mainly to get a head count for Group 4 (the general public)

• Moderators
21 hours ago, Ina Adams said:

How to you put your birthdate in? Hitting << until 1944 is crazy, unless I’m missing something.....,,

Click in the date field, which is formatted MM/DD/YYYY. Type the numbers for the month, then a "/", then the day, then a "/", and finally the year of your birth. If you need enter only a single digit for the month or day, then precede that digit with a "0" (zero).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Moderators

A new webpage has been published by Junta Comunal David Cabecera. This is a one page form for people in Chiriqui to "register" for the Covid-19 vaccination. Click Here to See The Registration Form. Below is what you will see when you go to that website:

image.png

It was our understanding that the Minsa registration website (see the first posting in this topic) is the official national level registration mechanism. That may or may not be reality. CL management is looking for clarification. If anyone in our community has more authentically sourced information, please let us know either by posting a reply here or sending an email to support@chiriqui.life.

There remain many unanswered questions at this juncture, such as when will the vaccines arrive in Chiriqui, which vaccine will be available (Moderna, Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson, Sputnik, etc.), what happens if there is a negative reaction, location of the vaccination venues, scheduling procedure, etc.

The bottom line as of this posting is that it doesn't appear to do any harm by registering [again] for the vaccination, if you are so inclined.

On 1/7/2021 at 9:16 AM, Marcia Scott said:

I have tried twice to register.  Entered my cedula, date of birth, and code and keep getting an error message.  So I never even get to the second page.  

We are having the same problem, we have the carnet from when we moved here, there is no place to enter the information