4 hours ago, Bajareque said:

I just bought the last bottle of whey protein at Romero's. Does anyone have a good source for this in Boquete or David?

Whey down in David at Price Smart. They have Whey and Soy.

• Downvote 1

OK - I resisted reading this topic in spite of it taking up most of the New Content.  Why does somebody want to buy whey?  What do you do with it?  All I've ever heard is it's what's left over when you make cheese, and you feed it to the pigs.  And then there's Mary, Mary quite contrary.  I guess she couldn't wait for the cheese to form.

Judy, I don't get enough protein without using whey. See http://www.amazon.com/NAKED-WHEY-Undenatured-California-Preservative/dp/B00NBDMN8U/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1452298513&sr=1-1&keywords=naked+whey

Besides protein, look at all the amino acids in it. I won't use any whey that isn't from grass-fed cows with no additives and that is non-GMO.

I put two scoops in my smoothie every morning.

Soy and whey are very similar. Body builders use Soy for the natural bulking up instead of steroids. Whey is used for maintaining muscle in older people like me. I started using it two years ago while working out in the gym. It will help with keeping muscle toned up. Great protien. I get the chocolate or vanilla at Price Smart when the have it (powder). They have plenty of Soy and it will do the job until they get some whey.

Personally, I won't touch anything soy with a 10-foot pole. " More than 90 percent of all soybeans grown in the United States are genetically modified (GM) for herbicide resistance and are consequently sprayed with massive quantities of those toxic chemicals. Fully 85 percent of all corn grown in the country is also genetically engineered, either for herbicide resistance or to produce pesticides within its tissues. Since farmers sell their corn and soy to large distributors who mix the product together for processing, this essentially means that 100 percent of non-organic corn and soy products on the US market are GM."

And of course Price Smart and many other  markets in Panama import from the US.