finally, an answer from PriceSmart re: requested items

There were many responses and inquiries to the post of a new item at PriceSmart.  I said I would forward an answer once I got one.

Yesterday, while at PriceSmart, I noticed a group of several "honcho-looking" PriceSmart employees strolling the aisles.  I stopped to ask the questions for food items that were requested in the "New item at PriceSmart" topic of November 2016.

So here is the info I got:  regarding the much requested English Muffins:  They said the English Muffins were discontinued because they weren't a good seller.  I contested that there were several requests for them on that post.  They answered that unfortunately, when they have to buy for 40 stores, while Chiriqui buyers loved them, they didn't do well overall.  Can you imagine the poor taste of the consumers in other PriceSmart areas?!?! ~smile~

I also asked about the real vanilla and kalamata olives.  no answer on that yet.  I will pursue it a little further with Melissa.

I can say, that when the decision was finally made to bring Grey Poupon mustard back, I got a note saying it was now in all the Panama stores.  That doesn't sound to me like it was in all 40 stores.  So DO make your requests known at the site I included in a previous post.  Maybe, we can get more of the stuff we like in the Panama stores!

One bit of interesting info is that if you buy a product at PriceSmart which has a warranty/guarantee, PriceSmart is your warranty Return center if the product fails while still under warranty.   Save your receipt, and bring it with your defective/failed product to the store, and they'll see that it gets repaired or replaced.  That's what I was told by Bob Coulson and Andrew Skare, both of whom are in charge of various aspects of merchandising.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Sassy Blake said:

There were many responses and inquiries to the post of a new item at PriceSmart.  I said I would forward an answer once I got one.

Yesterday, while at PriceSmart, I noticed a group of several "honcho-looking" PriceSmart employees strolling the aisles.  I stopped to ask the questions for food items that were requested in the "New item at PriceSmart" topic of November 2016.

So here is the info I got:  regarding the much requested English Muffins:  They said the English Muffins were discontinued because they weren't a good seller.  I contested that there were several requests for them on that post.  They answered that unfortunately, when they have to buy for 40 stores, while Chiriqui buyers loved them, they didn't do well overall.  Can you imagine the poor taste of the consumers in other PriceSmart areas?!?! ~smile~

I also asked about the real vanilla and kalamata olives.  no answer on that yet.  I will pursue it a little further with Melissa.

I can say, that when the decision was finally made to bring Grey Poupon mustard back, I got a note saying it was now in all the Panama stores.  That doesn't sound to me like it was in all 40 stores.  So DO make your requests known at the site I included in a previous post.  Maybe, we can get more of the stuff we like in the Panama stores!

One bit of interesting info is that if you buy a product at PriceSmart which has a warranty/guarantee, PriceSmart is your warranty Return center if the product fails while still under warranty.   Save your receipt, and bring it with your defective/failed product to the store, and they'll see that it gets repaired or replaced.  That's what I was told by Bob Coulson and Andrew Skare, both of whom are in charge of various aspects of merchandising.

I too looked long and far for kalamata olives until a CL poster told me about Casa de Jamon (I think that's the name) on the main road to Boquete -- right side going toward town next to office building which I think is called Paso Alto.

28 minutes ago, Dennis Philpot said:

I too looked long and far for kalamata olives until a CL poster told me about Casa de Jamon (I think that's the name) on the main road to Boquete -- right side going toward town next to office building which I think is called Paso Alto.

Check out the posting at http://www.chiriqui.life/topic/4051-la-casa-del-jam%C3%B3n-in-alto-boquete that talks about Casa del Jamon.