Poll For A New Idea

NewsLady

survey.png

Hi.

We are two young people who wants to do a new company that will make your live Easy. Can you please answer this poll to know etxacly what people wants. it will take only a few minutes.

Thanks

Somos dos jóvenes que quieren hacer una nueva compañía que hará tu vida más fácil, podrías, por favor, responder a la encuesta para conocer exactamente qué desea la gente. Solo te tomará unos minutos.

Gracias.

G y B

English

Español

https://es.surveymonkey.com/r/QKHZQVC

• Downvote 2

5 hours ago, Gordon Bakke said:

Penny, I would suggest that IF these are your own posts that you sign them with your name.

They aren't Penny's posts.  She just runs News Boquete.  Her grammar would not be bad like that.  Penny would never say, We are two young people who wants to do a new company that will make your live Easy. Can you please answer this poll to know etxacly what people wants.

Mr Bakke:

Since we started archiving the news.boquete emails here on Chiriqui.Life, the newslady has posted 2038 postings. Please understand that the newslady doesn't write these nor is she responsible for their content.

Everybody else understands that this is an archive for the news.boquete email service. What is it that you don't understand?

Whoa.  Let's do a little time out on this.  First, Penny has always added the News Boquete postings to CL.  That has been a bone of contention in the past from some people who feel that it is redundant to their other information sources.  So be it, but this post seems to be consistent with what Penny has been doing. Second, the OPs may not be using perfect grammar, but what they have used is far better than the Spanglish grammar used by most gringos.  I have an admiration for anyone who appears to be striving to make an honest living, and I'm not going to look for a snake under this rock.  Lastly, I do not expect CL admins to vet every post on here.  In fact, I would probably drop this site from my reading list if I found out that they were over-extending their censorship abilities and providing "truth" as they determined it.

Sorry, but this hit too many of my hot buttons to let it pass without stating an opinion.

• Upvote 3

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Gordon Bakke said:

My objection is that if someone is posting something here, we ought to be able to decipher from whom the information derives. That's just my opinion. Perhaps the forum owners have a different view.

Might I suggest that you review the description for this forum -- http://www.chiriqui.life/forum/87-news-boquete/

14 hours ago, Woody said:

Whoa.  Let's do a little time out on this.  First, Penny has always added the News Boquete postings to CL.  That has been a bone of contention in the past from some people who feel that it is redundant to their other information sources.  So be it, but this post seems to be consistent with what Penny has been doing. Second, the OPs may not be using perfect grammar, but what they have used is far better than the Spanglish grammar used by most gringos.  I have an admiration for anyone who appears to be striving to make an honest living, and I'm not going to look for a snake under this rock.  Lastly, I do not expect CL admins to vet every post on here.  In fact, I would probably drop this site from my reading list if I found out that they were over-extending their censorship abilities and providing "truth" as they determined it.

Sorry, but this hit too many of my hot buttons to let it pass without stating an opinion.

My comment about the grammar was not directed at the people who wrote the post.  It was directed at Gordon who did not seem to notice it and realize Penny would not write that way, so she was obviously not the author of the post.  Of course people whose first language is not English are going to make grammar mistakes.  That is understandable.  As far as looking for snakes under this rock, why would the poll want to know about your bank account?  That is a snake in my opinion.

Edited by JudyS

Mr. Bakke: Perhaps you didn't notice the OP was signed by GyB. Then another member posted "Who are you? Initials don't do it for me".

I don't know why this is such a big problem, causing you to spend so much time and blaming Penny.

Perhaps an even simpler solution is for you to stop reading material posted by the Newslady on her FREE forum. 

Just my 2 cents.

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, Gordon Bakke said:

Huh...didn't realize this was only an issue for me. That being the case, I will try to make it a point not to read any more posts from anonymous sources.

Fair enough?

FYI, there is an ability to selectively view only the [new] content on CL that a member wishes to see. In a nutshell, the "activity stream" functionality of this website is configurable by each member to their own needs and desires. Here is a link to more information on creating your own custom activity stream (or streams):

http://www.chiriqui.life/topic/2256-how-do-i-configure-the-activity-stream-to-see-only-the-new-content-that-i-want-to-see/

5 hours ago, JudyS said:

My comment about the grammar was not directed at the people who wrote the post.  It was directed at Gordon who did not seem to notice it and realize Penny would not write that way, so she was obviously not the author of the post.  Of course people whose first language is not English are going to make grammar mistakes.  That is understandable.  As far as looking for snakes under this rock, why would the poll want to know about your bank account?  That is a snake in my opinion.

All of us have learned to be cautious here.  No disagreement.  But, hopefully, we can all keep enough balance to give young people a chance to succeed.  As the saying goes, it keeps them off the streets.

I will say that I found the survey question concerning what bank we use to be rather benign.  Every time we write a check or do an electronic payment, we are providing someone with both the name of our bank and our account number.  There have been lots of discussions in this and other forums about which banks are recommended and which banks people have problem with.  Those public discussions have associated a person's name to their bank, and it's not really a big deal.  It sounds to me like these kids are exploring an opportunity to help expats navigate through the rocky shoals of setting up a Panamanian bank account.  Knowing which banks we use is probably helpful in their plans.

Configuring the activity stream to selectively see only what I want to see. I always thought I could do that on my own. And I guess I can.

One of the interesting things about a community forum, in my opinion, is to read over both the things that interest you, things that you agree with, and those that you don't.

How strange the reactions by some people to a difference in opinion over what is really a minor point of disagreement.

And for me, that disagreement is not about content, its about being forthcoming about who we are, and who is posting what.

Very simple.

I think everyone is basically in agreement here. The objection is that there are no names, only initials, attached to the post. These are young people seeking a business opportunity who simply didn't realize that use of initials only might not be the best practice.

Gordon, you're not the only one to notice. Back in February I made this observation. My thought was that someone new to the site who may not be familiar with the News service could get a mistaken impression.

btw, I still find that the manner in which the Newslady's posts appear in the summary gives the impression that she is the individual or business promoting one thing or another.

eg:

Lady posted a topic in News Boquete

Those who subscribe to the news.boquete emails can simply hit "reply" and direct all comments, critiques, criticisms, etc to the person who originated the email. Unfortunately, there is no way to do that with the email after it is posted on chiriqui.life. If you wish to talk back to the person who wrote the email, send your whole name and subscription request to news.boquete@gmail.com