N & N Catering

NewsLady

1 hour ago, Bonnie said:

In line with questions posed recently on this forum, I would like to know to which charities the proceeds are donated.

I'm back after many months. Got my meds under control. And then the first message I read here is enough to make me get off my meds.

If someone is providing a service to collect money, it seems to me that it is only their business what they do with that money. If they want to burn it, okay. If they want to buy groceries, okay. If they want to give it to someone, okay.

Why the heck do you think you have the right to question their actions?

• Downvote 1

By the way, whoever is running this site is making it a lot nicer. I find it more user friendly now. And lots of information. I came back because of those new podcast things, and they are wonderful. Kudos to you guys.

33 minutes ago, BD said:

I'm back after many months. Got my meds under control. And then the first message I read here is enough to make me get off my meds.

If someone is providing a service to collect money, it seems to me that it is only their business what they do with that money. If they want to burn it, okay. If they want to buy groceries, okay. If they want to give it to someone, okay.

Why the heck do you think you have the right to question their actions?

I disagree. People who donate money to charity and who buy goods or services that are said to support charity have every right to know where their money is going. Recently, there have been demands on this forum that a charity provide evidence of its legitimacy and exactly what it does and another demand that a charity provide an accounting of its expenditures. There are many charities here now, and residents want to have enough information to choose the charities they support as most of us can't afford to support them all.

Bonnie I agree with you totally donating money to a charity you need to know what is going on!  And what the charity is doing there are a lot of bad charities.  Many charities here you have to give them stuff, if you give them money it seems to disappear.

However if you buy a product for $10 do you ask the company what they are doing with your money?   If Nancy and Narin are selling a product and they want to give all their money to charity it is their business, they are not asking you for a donation, they are selling you a product.  If you went to lunch at Sugar and Spice, do you ask Sugar and Spice what they are doing with your money,  gad maybe they are giving it to charity or some other illegal thing.

Nancy and Narin are selling a product and unlike many other business they are telling you what they are going to do with THEIR MONEY.  You are getting a product for YOUR MONEY.  Also it is kind of insulting to Nancy and Narin whom I know and who have the highest integrity because your comment seems to question their integrity.  Good people here should be supported not challenged.

I give Nancy and Narin A LOT OF CREDIT for the good work they are doing!!!  More of us should copy them, they are keeping busy doing something they love while helping other people!! 

Just my opinion.

chris

Edited by Chris McCall
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Chris McCall said:

Bonnie I agree with you totally donating money to a charity you need to know what is going on!  And what the charity is doing there are a lot of bad charities.  Many charities here you have to give them stuff, if you give them money it seems to disappear.

However if you buy a product for $10 do you ask the company what they are doing with your money?   If Nancy and Narin are selling a product and they want to give all their money to charity it is their business, they are not asking you for a donation, they are selling you a product.  If you went to lunch at Sugar and Spice, do you ask Sugar and Spice what they are doing with your money,  gad maybe they are giving it to charity or some other illegal thing.

Nancy and Narin are selling a product and unlike many other business they are telling you what they are going to do with THEIR MONEY.  You are getting a product for YOUR MONEY.  Also it is kind of insulting to Nancy and Narin whom I know and who have the highest integrity because your comment seems to question their integrity.  Good people here should be supported not challenged.

I give Nancy and Narin A LOT OF CREDIT for the good work they are doing!!!  More of us should copy them, they are keeping busy doing something they love while helping other people!! 

Just my opinion.

chris

This has nothing to do with Nancy and Nairn, whom I too have the utmost respect for. I jusy believe that when anyone announces that money is for charity, the charity or charities should be identified as a matter of course. This is to everyone's benefit.

Edited by Bonnie
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Penny said:

I may be wrong but in the past I believe they divided the money between FPI (Handicap Foundation) and Buenos Vecinos de Boquete (food distribution).

Thanks, Penny. That was what I understood, too, but I wasn't sure. I wanted confirmation as I thought it was important information for CL readers.

I agree, they are selling a product and what profits are made and what they do with those profits is their business.  As an accountant, I can tell you donations are a great way to avoid or reduce taxes.  In most countries only those companies that are profitable can use donations as an expense.  I also think it is a great marketing tool to let people know you will donate the profits.  They may in fact change charities from time to time.  ARF is the only charity I know of that gives an accounting of their expenses monthly and, under their circumstances, I think it encourages trust in the quality of their work and those who donate.

• Upvote 1

I can say first hand that Nancy is always willing and eager to lend a hand and help out, charity organizations or personal donations. I remember a few years back Nancy helped out Olga feed indigenous families in Boquete. She cooked a deliciously fresh full Holiday meal and delivered it hot personally with toys. This was not a charity organization, but a charity nonetheless.

She helped with cash several times when money was being collected at Tuesday Market for children's uniforms for the Los Naranjos Elementary school and so many other times money was being collected to help out families in need, collect toys, help out police, etc. These are NOT organizations but still credit should be given to Nancy because this is beautiful charity work, always there, always with a smile and a kind heart