ACCBoquete Tuesday Talks

NewsLady

ACCBoquete Tuesday Talks in the ACCB Theater at Tap Out will resume next week, December 1st.

A MESSAGE YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS.

Our special guest speaker will be Dra. Diaz with the Clinica Alpha in downtown Boquete across the street from Mail Boxes Etc.

She will be talking about the current Covid 19 issues in Boquete and answering any questions. 

Because of MINSA regulations, seating is limited so come early.

No disrespect to ACCB which has done wonderful work raising money for local charities . . . . however, I don't think it's right that they are calling the theater in the Tap Out building "the ACCB theater". BCP built that theater. They put thousands and thousands of dollars and uncountable man hours of labor into that theater. I think that contribution should be respected by calling it the BCP theater.

• Upvote 1

I truly understand Penny's comment and rightly so.  Referring to the theater as ACCB Theater was not intended to be permanent nor to offend anyone.  BCP originally stood for Boquete Community Playhouse.  Just recently BCP has been changed to Boquete Community Pulse.  I personally felt a disconnect from the theater.  Using the BCP term, to me, no longer suggested the theater.  No Tuesday Talks, no Sunday movies, the theater appeared to be neglected.   When TapOut owners offered ACCB to manage it, our members discussed it and decided it was too much a part of Boquete to sit idle only to have 3-4 performances a year there.  It has become an icon to the Boquete Community and deserves to continue with regular activities.  We have talked about referring to the Theater by its full name, Boquete Community Theater, and not BCP.   Penny, I'd like to hear your input and or suggestions.   We have prepared an intro to our management of the theater which will be submitted today.