VIDEO: Best Solo Performance at BMAF

NewsLady

4 minutes ago, BD said:

I'm confused also. Maybe because I'm a country boy. Did the Jazz Festival change its name?

Recently saw a sign for the BOQUETE MUSIC AND ARTS FESTIVAL entering town which begs the question as to whether BJBF will be transformed to a more inclusive format, or is this just a change in name only?

Changing the name of a successful event is a risky move, in my opinion. In this particular case, jazz and blues aficionados willing to pay the price to enjoy their preferred music may be far less likely to shell out the big money for a more inclusive program. Too, "Jazz & Blues Festival" has a certain singularity, grittiness, and pizazz missing from the bland "Music & Arts Festival."

23 minutes ago, Bonnie said:

Changing the name of a successful event is a risky move, in my opinion. In this particular case, jazz and blues aficionados willing to pay the price to enjoy their preferred music may be far less likely to shell out the big money for a more inclusive program. Too, "Jazz & Blues Festival" has a certain singularity, grittiness, and pizazz missing from the bland "Music & Arts Festival."

I agree. We have attended this event for 3 years in a row. There are very few Jazz musicians compared to the Blues musicians.  Perhaps they have changed the name as they can not get the genre of musicians they hope for.

Whatever their reason, it seems to have been poorly thought through and planned. Right at the last minute changing the name after about half a year of advertising as the BJBF. And then just changing the name at the last minute without any announcement or description or explanation.

Hope it works well for them in the future, but I suspect they will regret it.

BTW, I didn't pay the big bucks to listen because I could just sit in town across the river and hear everything going on. It was even too loud where I was. People should be more considerate of their ears.

• Haha 1