Directions to Beef and Pork Places in David

• Administrators

Dottie,

It still appears that there is misinformation about the ability to reply to topics in certain forums.

If you are looking for directions (seems to be the case here) or information, then such a posting does not belong in classified ads. Such an inquiry belongs in the topical forums. Replies are permitted in the topical forums, including the miscellaneous forum within the topical forums.

There also is a miscellaneous forum in the classified ads. Different forum. Different rules.

It is the classified ads that do not permit replies, including its miscellaneous forum. You should be using the topical forums.

Maybe I am not understanding what the problem is. Please help me understand.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Dottie Atwater said:

Sorry, yes I posted under "Classified" in error. It's somewhat confusing to have two "Miscellaneous" folders. Perhaps the Miscellaneous under the forums could be called "Miscellaneous Forum Topics" or something similar to clarify, and under the Classified, "Miscellaneous Classified Items.".

Great suggestion. Done.

Muchas gracias.

You also wish to read a different reply in this same topic. Here is the link: http://www.chiriqui.life/topic/817-cannot-reply-to-classifiedmisc-post-and-others/?do=findComment&comment=2993

So, what is the question in this post? Is it directions to the beef and pork stores? Has anybody answered those questions. If not, here goes:

Both stores are on the south side of the Inter-American. To get to La Casa del Cerdo you turn at the road by the Swiss Plaza and go through about 6 stop signs. You will see the satellite dish storage facility on the left and the pork store on the right.

The best beef store is called Palacio. You turn on the street between the Via Rapida (Cochez) and DK auto. Go a couple of blocks and you will see the lime green Hotel Palacio on the left. Go through that intersection and the beef store is on the immediate left.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I believe the question included directions to the "Su Carne" butcher. Directions to that business are to proceed down the "old McDonald"s" street as if going to the airport. Make a right at the Police barracks/jail and then an immediate left, following the side of the jail. Cross two streets and down a dip to a bridge, and turn right on the first street after the bridge. Su Carne will be on the left at the next street on the left.

Ok, I see I am a little late for directions however what do people think of these places?

my opinion is that La casa de Cedro has the nicest pork I have seen in Panama also he will do any cut for you.   Warning-it is best to call in advance for some cuts as he runs out. Especially lomo which is pork loin and thick pork chops. He is more expensive than pricesmart but you get what you pay for. He speaks English 730-7362 Jaun Carlos

Palacio seems expensive to me, I did buy a rib eye but have not tested it yet.

i would like to here how Su Carne compares to Palacio.

as an aside I bought a whole ribeye at pricesmart cooked it whole on very hot grill to medium rare, very pink center, (135f) let it rest sliced it very thin, it was very tender and delicious.  Coated it with Simon and garfunkel spices that had soaked in olive oil before cooking.

thanks

• 1 year later...

Marcelyn and I have been happy customers of La Casa del Cerdo in David. While in David today for errands, we stopped by again to pick up some pork chops (chuletas in Español). They were picture perfect samples of how pork should look.

We noticed that they now have a new brochure, and so picked up a copy. It is attached here for those who wish more information. Note that I have blocked out a section of the brochure (lower right area in black), because they no longer have a store in Boquete (it used to be across the street from Fletes Chevales). La Casa del Cerdo still has a weekly presence in Boquete during the Tuesday Market at the BCP Event Center.

BTW, the pork chops that we purchased today looked pretty much like the ones in the brochure - thick, perfectly shaped, and enticing. Can't wait until they are on our table served for dinner.

58faa2385cdfc_LaCasadelCerdo.png.bf064f74ae4a4567161d3136f4dfb2e9.png

• Admin_01 changed the title to Directions to Beef and Pork Places in David

I buy my hamburger from Palacio. It's about $3/pound. I like it because they grind fat in with it so it tastes more like what you get in the U.S. Most Panama hamburger has a funny, indescribable taste but I think it's because the beef is too lean. By the way, the butcher there has trained in the U.S. and will cut U.S. type cuts (e.g. chuck roast) if ordered in advance. His name is Sr. Alexandro and his phones are 730-3746 and 6969-1420.

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Penny said:

I buy my hamburger from Palacio. It's about $3/pound. I like it because they grind fat in with it so it tastes more like what you get in the U.S. Most Panama hamburger has a funny, indescribable taste but I think it's because the beef is too lean. By the way, the butcher there has trained in the U.S. and will cut U.S. type cuts (e.g. chuck roast) if ordered in advance. His name is Sr. Alexandro and his phones are 730-3746 and 6969-1420.

Nena had the same problem in Venezuela in the '80's.  Range fed beef from the llanos was all grass feed. Gives the meat a "metallic" taste, like copper.  Her solution was to ask the butcher to save all the fat that he could and she would have him add it to the beef we bought. It was the only way we could get hamburgers to stay together on the grill.

jim