Tabloids Find a New Home

It appears to have become the Olga show and she is using world news to generate views rather than focusing on Boquete.   They really should change the name of the site.  It has little to do with Boquete.  If I suddenly want a PHD dissertation on Climate Change or want to rant about Gun Control and US News, then I will tune in to Ning.  None of that interest me, but to each their own.  I feel bad for those people that come looking for information knowing the answers are here and all they are getting is deafening silence on Ning.   It is all part of the change.

LOL - Yes JoJo, it looks like their super sweet sundae attitude is melting and making a mess again.   I am guessing Ambreen is no longer watching the site like she was or at least has been told to let Olga run the show.   It will be interesting to see how far down this road they go.

• Upvote 1

Hey, this wouldn't be a real discussion without a counterpoint or two, so I will offer up some.  Ahh, I can almost feel the negative reputation votes getting ready to smother my good name ;-)

This topic peaked my curiosity so I checked Ning to catch up on the happenings there.  For sure, that woman can talk and talk and talk and talk.  I got a serious headache reading through all of it.  But, then I realized that she's generating lots of discussion and I'm sure the hits on the site are going up again.  And, even better, I could hardly find any juvenile comments from Ambreen or the the shills they were using in September and October to make happy happy happy time.  So, I guess what I'm saying is that I think Olga is what the site needed to survive.  She's got boundless energy and is stimulating a lot of discussion.  It may be useless discussion, but nonetheless it's active.

OK, I can't wait to see if my cumulative reputation will still be green when I wake up in the morning.

• Upvote 5

Ironically I am finding more useful information on ning lately than on CL. I just learned I could have gotten my passport photos at Mail Boxes Etc in Boquete without having to drive to Arrocha in David.  It seems 90% of the posts on CL lately are just re-posts of News Boquete announcements.  Doesn't everybody on here already subscribe to News Boquete?  I hope people start posting more.  There must be something going on out there.  We don't want Chiriqui Life to become Chiriqui Moribund.

• Upvote 2

"... that woman can talk and talk and talk and talk."   If visiting ning gives them a "hit," then I'm "contributing" to them. I'm not a member but I can read what's posted there. I'm drawn by morbid curiosity to see what nonsense will come forth next  from Olga's mouth/fingers. She consistently misses the point when responding to someone who disagrees with her. She doesn't even live in Panama, much less Boquete, but just because she's "Latino," she thinks that qualifies her to run a Boquete site.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, JudyS said:

Ironically I am finding more useful information on ning lately than on CL. I just learned I could have gotten my passport photos at Mail Boxes Etc in Boquete without having to drive to Arrocha in David.  It seems 90% of the posts on CL lately are just re-posts of News Boquete announcements.  Doesn't everybody on here already subscribe to News Boquete?  I hope people start posting more.  There must be something going on out there.  We don't want Chiriqui Life to become Chiriqui Moribund.

Judy, I know you don't ''do'' Facebook, but there is a whole world of relevant information about life in Boquete, from crimes and vehicle accident reporting, to the frequent notices sent out by our Mayor, the National Police and various media in Panama.  I am the Admin for the Facebook page ''Boquete News'' which is FULL of information of Boquete News.

I hope people who don't ''do'' Facebook will reconsider and check it out.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/News.Boquete/

And ''Boquete News'' is not the only source of relevant information about Boquete.

Actually I did create another FB account so I could view Boquete News, etc.  I use it to view things, but don't post on it to avoid receiving the annoying clutter I had on my original account.  So while I still don't do FB, I do look at it.

• Upvote 1

On 12/5/2015, 6:29:13, JudyS said:

Perhaps the Administrators could explain the rationale behind publishing all News Boquete items here.

Under "Unread Content," there is a tab that will take you to "Edit Stream Settings."  This allows the reader to choose what types of post they receive. Under "Content Types" on that screen, perhaps "News Boquete" could be added. That way those of us who receive News Boquete directly can unclick that tab and not receive duplicate posts.

• Upvote 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Bonnie said:

Perhaps the Administrators could explain the rationale behind publishing all News Boquete items here.

The description of the News Boquete forum includes the rationale behind having an online repository of the News Boquete emails. Click here for that description: http://www.chiriqui.life/forum/87-news-boquete/.

We appreciate your input.