Hey Ambreen!

FYI:

I withdrew quietly from the boquete.ning equation on October 3rd.

With more serious issues at hand, it just wasn't appropriate at that time to create another distraction by announcing it publicly.

My participation has been minimal since that time, primarily just answering requests for information along with Alison, Judy Sacco, Ken & Becky and a few other long-timers who have always had a genuine interest in helping others.

Obviously, I had hoped my participation in .ning would provide a positive link between the new ownership and the community but it didn't work out.

Life goes on.

P.S.  contrary to popular belief, I did not delete Jim&Nena, Fran, Gordon, Don Ray, or any other long term member from boquete.ning

Edited by Keith Woolford
  • Upvote 1

CHANGE...come  live in a foreign country and it happens.  You tried your best.  I asked to be deleted today and was.   Next post somebody posted the video song "Please Release Me" which I though was actually pretty funny until Ambreen (or the powers that be over there) posted a huge picture of a thumbs-up....ya know? the kick in the ass as you walk out the door. That's the mentality, and it verbalized by the administration for all to see.  Hurtful on purpose.

Now, that I feel certain I have no idea who Ambreen is, I can say with no reservations, that this individual being chosen as the administrator got B-Ning, was one of Bob Hunter's best decisions. Way to go Bob! Excellent choice. 

Placing control in a person, with so much worldly knowledge and mastery of the English language, speaks volumes. I feel confident with a few more wise choices on your part, you will have Ning right where you want it. 

Never doubted you for a minute..

Edited by Don Ray
  • Upvote 1

Delicious irony from the new Queen of advanced intellectual study:

Reply by Ambreen 7 hours ago

We prefer all posts to offer an association with Boquete and or Panama, as I posted earlier; However, a few will call us a censorship site and others will be upset for not censoring. We have reviewed histories on Ning where Lee has dealt with these same issues countless times. It goes with the territory in open forums. There is no perfect way out, it is impossible to please all.  My suggestion, if those upset stop posting their displeasure's the post will go away on its own as it drops off screen.  We do see it now has 1,000 page views over a few days, so it obviously has interest both in agreement of its controversy and or unhappy with its content.

A member emailed me and said the following, " Ambreen, why would you keep responding to those demanding censor, if they do not like it, they can vote their censorship by simply not reading it,".   Boquete ning, takes no position on the content, We ask others to respect others opinions which may oppose you. At the end of the day, we are only a website of opinions, no one is harming anyone with the words.   As a famous member of ning always reminds us relaaaaax.   We are all fine.     I am accused of telling everyone to be happy.  Its better than the alternative.  Have a great day!

Delicious irony from the new Queen of advanced intellectual study:

Reply by Ambreen 7 hours ago

We prefer all posts to offer an association with Boquete and or Panama, as I posted earlier; However, a few will call us a censorship site and others will be upset for not censoring. We have reviewed histories on Ning where Lee has dealt with these same issues countless times. It goes with the territory in open forums. There is no perfect way out, it is impossible to please all.  My suggestion, if those upset stop posting their displeasure's the post will go away on its own as it drops off screen.  We do see it now has 1,000 page views over a few days, so it obviously has interest both in agreement of its controversy and or unhappy with its content.

A member emailed me and said the following, " Ambreen, why would you keep responding to those demanding censor, if they do not like it, they can vote their censorship by simply not reading it,".   Boquete ning, takes no position on the content, We ask others to respect others opinions which may oppose you. At the end of the day, we are only a website of opinions, no one is harming anyone with the words.   As a famous member of ning always reminds us relaaaaax.   We are all fine.     I am accused of telling everyone to be happy.  Its better than the alternative.  Have a great day!

Lots of words but what is Ambreen saying ("it has 1,000 page views") ?