Don't Stop Voting!!

NewsLady

The McCormack Foundation works in Chiriqui to bring in 40-foot containers holding hospital beds, wheelchairs (including specialty wheelchairs), oxygen concentrators, and other durable medical supplies, which are donated to various clinics and other organizations that need them.  They also bring in donated prosthetic arms, legs and feet which are reworked and adjusted and given to those individuals who need them.  All of these things -- and more -- are collected in the States and brought down especially for the people in Chiriqui.

Rubi Cianca, the local representative of the McCormack Foundation, is nominated for the TVN-2 television station "Heroes Por Panama" award.  Please!  Go to the link in this email and cast your vote!  Winning would mean the Foundation could purchase the special equipment needed to more perfectly fit the prosthetics to their clients.

You can vote every hour!  You can vote from your computer and your tablet and your smart phone!  You can vote until November 20!!!  Just refresh the page and push the purple button that says "votar".

http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/president

ruby cianca.jpg

Boy!  When I goof, I good in a huge way!  I have no idea how the links got screwed up.  Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!

Huge apologies to everyone in the Chiriqui.life community -- and huge thanks to Penny for posting the correct link.  Please forgive my gaffe, and vote for Rubi Cianca and the McCormack Foundation.

51 minutes ago, Bud said:

We voted muchas veces, probably well over 100 times. Sorry to read that your favorite did not prevail, but it was worth the effort. I scanned the comments about all of the candidates, and there were no losers among them.

Exactly, Bud. Like many other 'Heroes competitions' around the globe, the real objective is to raise awareness of good works, and I appreciate that Brandy brought this one to our attention.

51 minutes ago, Bud said:

We voted at least muchas veces, probably well over 100 times. Sorry to read that your favorite did not prevail, but it was worth the effort. I scanned the comments about all of the candidates, and there were no losers among them.

Bud:

This is the most difficult vote to give.  All the participants of this contest are doing a very good job with their social projects.  I know that the production of the contest and the TV channel will give a lot of exposure and all of them will be seen and people will know the hard and good job they are doing for the community.  Also I know that the production of the contest will give them some prices given by sponsors. That's what I heard and I am not so sure.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Brandy said:

Thank you so much to everyone who voted for Rubi.  Even though she did not win, we managed to raise awareness of the McCormack Foundation and its good works for the people of Chiriqui.

Brandy

That is for sure the best of this.  There is a nationa awareness of what all those people are doing for the benefit of the people of their communities.  I am not sure but I think they will have some kind of support.  

• Upvote 1