Temporary Closing of RetroGusto in Boquete

We were planning a dinner event at RetroGrusto (in the restaurant row area of Boquete), and were surprised to find them closed for vacation until the first of September. There was a handwritten note on the door in both Spanish and English.

If you are planning something for RetroGusto, think elsewhere until September.

11 hours ago, Pederhaney said:

They did post on one of the  FB group pages.

In my opinion, and not trying to be negative about RetroGusto (a posted sign is better than no notice) ...

FB is neither intuitive nor logical nor efficient with our time. Those attributes make FB an ineffective medium for us. Hence we don't visit FB. We understand that FB has billions of users. I guess that means we are old geezers, and out of step with the masses.

We look at it this way, one gets to choose one way or the other way:

• segregated and standing apart or alone -- FB is about people or businesses posting about themselves (or what they think of others) -- entities working independently in a segregated fashion. To learn of their vacation plans, one has to specifically go search it out on their FB page.
  • integrated and inclusive -- On the other hand, a bulletin board (such as CL) is information being shared with a community (region) of common interest -- entities working together in an integrated fashion. Thus multi-topical information is put in front of everyone, and they then decide whether it is of value or not, and act accordingly.

Users get to pick what works best for them. We have made our choice. And so a wasted trip to RetroGusto.

P.S., a lot of what we saw on FB was stuff we really don't care about, such as what someone ate for breakfast. Granted that is not the majority of the content. But hopefully you get my point of the contrasts between the two mindsets about getting information out to a community.

I participate in FB primarily to keep up with the folks back home--including my son and daughter-in-law--who communicate what they're doing there more than they do with me personally. But like you, Bud and Marcelyn, I grow weary of scrolling through the drivel, meaningless quizzes, recipes, ads, vanity photos, etc. I have to admit, though, that now and then I come across information I didn't know and should. It's just a question of whether it's worth the time it requires. I check in only every few days.

They could have sent a notice out through the news.boquete email service.

They missed informing about 1850 potential customers.

If anybody out there reading this doesn't have a subscription to news.boquete, email your full name to news.boquete@gmail.com

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, NewsLady said:

They could have sent a notice out through the news.boquete email service.

They missed informing about 1850 potential customers.

If anybody out there reading this doesn't have a subscription to news.boquete, email your full name to news.boquete@gmail.com

Totally agree Sra NewsLady.

I had a post all ready to go along this line of thinking, but decided not to send it because you are the NewsLady. Glad that you did post this as a gentle reminder of the networking and information resources available here in our area. Sending out announcements via News.Boquete@Gmail.com costs only about 90 seconds of someone's time. But the payback is far greater.

Announcements can also be posted on CL, again without a cost other than a bit of time.