Petition for Animals

There is a petition for stronger enforcement of the Animal Rights Law
Law 70 - Ley 70
It can be signed at Mail Boxes, Etc.
Remember ex-pats, this is for Panamanian voters, ex-pats can't vote.
Thanks all
Carole Newsome
  • Upvote 1

Disclaimer: I am NOT a lawyer and am not giving legal advice here.

It is my understanding and experience that anyone is free to petition the government.

The sensitivity comes when the public action (such as posting political signs in one's yard, etc.) is political in nature, in which one is attempting to influence elections or governmental processes (as opposed to actions) within Panama. We have lots of experience with locals and expats signing petitions about some of our hobby activities. There are literally hundreds of expats who have signed various petitions without difficulty.

2 hours ago, NewsLady said:
There is a petition for stronger enforcement of the Animal Rights Law
Law 70 - Ley 70
It can be signed at Mail Boxes, Etc.
Remember ex-pats, this is for Panamanian voters, ex-pats can't vote.
Thanks all
Carole Newsome

Asking a question:. How long will this petition be available at Mail Boxes?

44 minutes ago, Keith Woolford said:

Perhaps Roger Bellido can confirm this.

I'm sure that any resident of Panama may sign a petition which is non-political.

Keith

As legals residents in Panama you are entitled to some basic rights.   Of course you dont have citizenship for some political decisions but you have voice and rights for asking what you consider is right for the benefit of the community you are living and are part right now.  

Remember the protest been done by expats in other places of Panama when they are asking and clamining for anything they might consider is affecting them.  So as a community of expats you may have some power to make your voice heard.  

If there is any doubt you can consult with your lawyer.  YOU HAVE VOICE AND RIGHTS AS LEGALS RESIDENTS OF PANAMA.

34 minutes ago, Bud said:

Disclaimer: I am NOT a lawyer and am not giving legal advice here.

It is my understanding and experience that anyone is free to petition the government.

The sensitivity comes when the public action (such as posting political signs in one's yard, etc.) is political in nature, in which one is attempting to influence elections or governmental processes (as opposed to actions) within Panama. We have lots of experience with locals and expats signing petitions about some of our hobby activities. There are literally hundreds of expats who have signed various petitions without difficulty.

Bud

You are totally correct.