Feral Cat Sponsor Program

LOOK OUT KITTIES
    THE FERAL CAT TRAP AND SPONSOR PROGRAM FOR ANIMALES IS GOING STRONG.  WITH YOUR DONATIONS FOR FOOD HUNDREDS OF FORGOTTEN KITTIES ARE HEALTHY AND SURVIVING IN THE BOQUETE AREA.  MORE NEW TRAPS ARE  ON THEIR WAY.  PLEASE CONSIDER PUTTING YOUR NAME ON A NEW TRAP AND COVER THE COST.  $60.00
kitty.JPG
    THE QUIMBY TEAM IS TAKING OVER!!!!  TAKE A LOOK AT THESE HAPPY FACES BELOW.  DO THEY LOVE ANIMALS AS MUCH AS JUANITA JAMES?  ABSOLUTELY!!  PLEASE CONTINUE YOUR SUPPORT.

quimby.jpg

Kirsten and Ray Quimby  6446-2794 zoeyquimby@gmail.com

I realize this is a NB posting, but..........

Another request for money 

.    Who are Kirsten and Ray Quimby? Vetting possible or already done?

Why is information all in caps?

Who or what is Juanita James?

Does anyone else not understand this post?

• Upvote 1

The most common mistake people make is assuming that everyone else is engaged in and/or knowledgeable about the programs that are close to their heart. This is a posting from Joan (Radash) James who currently runs the ferral cat spaying and feeding program. Joan is moving back to the U.S. and has found the Quimbys to take over the program.

You're right, it's a little obtuse. Not a good way to ask for money. People zip off a message to news.boquete on their i-phones and don't give it a second thought about proof-reading or making sure the message conveys the correct information in an easy to ready format. They are asking us to burden 1850 odd mailboxes with information that they didn't spend 10 seconds composing. That's why one of the rules is "no do-overs."

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the explanation, Penny.  How can people expect others to give money to an announcement like this? It may be a worthwhile program, but doesn't deserve a second read to figure out the meaning or purpose.

I understand the rule of "no do-overs". Maybe it is too bad you have to accept this kind of post and waste our time trying to figure it out.

You have a difficult job, and I suspect that you get little public recognition for your service. I do say thanks and appreciate NB and your hard work for the community.

• Upvote 1

Wow.

Thank You so very much Joan (we will miss you)  and the Quimbys who are doing loving work that many cannot (or choose not) to do.

You are Angels for sure.

Thank you too, Newslady, for knowing who is posting and why... You and the OP have Nothing to apologize for.

17 hours ago, Erin Ross said:

Wow.

Thank You so very much Joan (we will miss you)  and the Quimbys who are doing loving work that many cannot (or choose not) to do.

You are Angels for sure.

Thank you too, Newslady, for knowing who is posting and why... You and the OP have Nothing to apologize for.

Who is "the OP"?

I believe OP means Original Poster.

There's no indication which (if any) organization this endeavor is affiliated with (ARF or AdA?), and no indication of how one would support (i.e., donate to) the cause. Like Penny, I see this over and over. There are certain protocols that need to be followed when soliciting charitable contributions, and there are a number of organizations here that don't follow them.

That said, I know this to be a wonderful cause. Joan has done a super job, and we all owe her our thanks. And thanks too to the Quimbys for agreeing to take over.

Edited by Bonnie
  • Upvote 1