Clothes Donations?

When I moved here last year, I brought far more clothes than I should have.  This is even after donating what I thought was half of my wardrobe to Goodwill or other charities in the US prior to loading the container.  Does Boquete have any charity that receives gently used clothing?  My closets here are much smaller, and I really don't need 500 shirts and 700 socks after all...

Amigos de Animales' major funding since the demise of Bid 4 Boquete comes from their annual Venta de Patio. By all means hang on to clothes you're not wearing. Put them in a bag and tuck them away until AdA calls for them in late summer.

• 1 month later...

I need to donate some stuff.   I saw a notice about a charity in Alto Boquete for the elderly poor that was having a yard sale .  I can no longer find that notice.  Anybody have information on that?   If you do...where is the facility located?.  I remember that was not in the original notice.

I found the original notice from Mary Beth White !  The notice was sent out April 5th.  Where is the Rehabilitation Center in Alto Boquete?  Would this be the Foundation for the Handicapped?

They are collecting these items now for a charity sale.   Let me know if you know where exactly this center is.
Clothes All sizes
Shoes All sizes
Furniture
Kitchen items
Toys
Books
Jewelry
Gardening tools
miscellaneous stuff

Not that I'm very PC but I sure wish folks would use the correct name of this place.

The name Fundacion Pro-Integracion or Pro-Integration Foundation  implies opportunity in a forward direction and is SO much more positive than using the negative sounding term Handicapped which denotes that a person is somehow 'less' than others.

Keith is correct, the proper name is Fundacion Pro-Integracion (I think that translates to what we call "mainstreaming" in English). The problem is most people don't know what you're talking about unless you clarify with "Handicap Foundtion" or something similar. I thought it unusual that Mary Beth who uses the center frequently wouldn't call it by its proper name but she did write the message from her heart.

The easiest way to describe the location is the place just prior (and adjacent) to the new Social Security hospital being built on the left side of the road while heading to David.

Migdalia is there every day except Sunday to receive your donations.

• Upvote 1

Yes, maybe we should use the proper name Fundacion Pro-Integracion, but "most people don't know what you're talking about unless you clarify with Handicap Foundation".

I prefer to believe people have no bad intention, but just use the common term for this organization.

Perhaps more and/or better advertising is needed for us to associate the official name with the facility.

• Upvote 1