I have a Samsung digital Inverter I purchased about a year ago from Panafoto in David. It has a 10 year warranty. I have been very satisfied with it. Yes, it does make a strange noise on occasion but you do get used to it. Works perfect, no complaints.

11 minutes ago, Jim Bondoux said:

For what it's worth, we are on our third inverter-driven refrigerator (one Panasonic, two Samsungs) in five years. All three have been highly satisfactory, and all three emit the random, loud thump a couple of time a day. I imagine it is an unavoidable characteristic of the inverter switching system. We are used to it, and are only occasionally startled - and just grin and accept it as a sign that all is well with the fridge...

I have a Fridgidaire.  It also does the thump.  It is not a defect.  It is something opening and closing, or turning on and off.

1 hour ago, Dottie Atwater said:

Strange...my Panasonic refrigerator does not make the loud thump you mention. And it is so quiet, that at first I was concerned that it wasn't running.

I do also have a Panasonic refrigeratod and havent heard yet the thump you are talking about.   It is so quiet.

14 hours ago, Val said:

I am a little afraid of saying something wrong here since I am not sure how this site works. I try to say something nice and get immediate dislikes? 

However, I will reiterate a very positive experience with ACODECO.  Having proper documentation in a case of approx. a $5K settlement - l am legally bound to not disclose the details. They were professional, prompt, and clearly on the side of the consumer - us. The vendor tried to take advantage of us since in good faith, we made a sizeable down payment while the vendor never ordered the product, which is illegal but we wanted to move on.  We were refunded our money since having the documentation in this case was relatively straightforward. 

Best Regards and wish everyone the same experience.

Even with the proper documentation and good Spanish communications skills, collusion in a foreign country is very difficult to fight against. 

1 hour ago, Ken and Becky said:

The thump might be the ice cubes dumping.....

I have a Samsung digital Inverter I purchased about a year ago from Panafoto in David. It has a 10 year warranty. I have been very satisfied with it. Yes, it does make a strange noise on occasion but you do get used to it. Works perfect, no complaints. It doesn't make a thump, but it does make a noise once in awhile. No ice cube maker so that's not it.

19 hours ago, Roger B said:

Thx Roger - I appreciate your kind words and agree completely. My circumstance was completely different than others here - Pat and Susan, in particular. It wasn't one of the chain stores that have the ACODECO signs posted everywhere and rightfully so, many of those stores must make a regular appearance in ACODECO would be my guess. 

While I was there was unique in some ways I guess. It was dealing directly with the owner and what this person put us through cost much more than compensation (down payment) that was returned to us. Maybe I got lucky, but most likely it was sheer determination and Roger, yes, sometimes you have to plant a few seeds to get down to what it takes :)

19 hours ago, Roger B said:

Val:

Dont worry.  Until today I have not seen nasty remarks or comments from one person to another regarding a post.  

As I previously stated, each case is different and has it particular characteristics.   You stated something important:  Proper documentation and follow up.   I know that some examples posted here by some ladies have their own special characteristics and for some reason werent solved the best way it should be.  But in general,  the experiences from people I know, friends, family, colleagues, etc. have been good.   I know that sometimes there are people that didnt do things the best ethic way but I can say that in general they do a good job.

In the case I helped Susan Farrell there was something strange in the way the claim was handled by the people of ACODECO.  What I did was to post a harsh comment about this case in the twitter account of Acodeco and to make additional pressure I copy the twit to a couple of famous journalist in Panama.   It worked.   I got the attention from the person who manages the twitter account and sent me all the details and contact information of the Chiriqui's regional director of Acodeco.  He was contacted from the main Acodeco's office from Panama regarding the twit I sent.    I called him and explain the situation as I understood it from Susan.   He was unaware of the situation and personally took care of the case.  He was so kind to call me and receive my calls.  He got the file with the case and explained to me what was written in the file and according to the information I got from Susan I clarified all the situation.  He commanded his employees to review the case again and give a quick and fast solution.   Finally it was solved in favor of Susan.  She got the return of the money and she could buy another refrigerator in other place and another model she could trust.   

Lessons from this case.  

LANGUAGE total comprehension is a must.   I did explain them the case and it looked as they understood something different and they didnt try to give clear instructions, or have better communication with Susan.  They told me things totally different from what Susan told me.  I decided to explain them, the situation again and ask them for a quick solution - Polite but Firm.  That is my motto.  

Second thing.  If you are dealing with a low level employee and you have proof and you are sure he is not giving you the best solution or attention go for his Manager or Supervisor. Polite but firm explain nice and easy the case and the way you feel about how your case is handled.    I didnt want to talk to the low level employees so I contacted the Director.   He was so kind and cooperative to give a quick and satisfactory solution to the problem.  He called me a couple of days, after they contacted Susan and she visited Acodeco offices and went to Audiofoto, to see if Susan (my cousin) LOL, was satisfied with the solution of the case.  Yes, in order to talk in representation of Susan I told the Director she was my cousin.   She was the sister of the husband of a cousin I have living in the USA.   A little white lie.