Tomorrow at the BCP

NewsLady

Today’s presentation at the BCP Tuesday talks was the culmination of much planning and work by Penny Ripple and her team.

The speakers came from all over Panama; two of them rode the bus all night from Portebello arriving in Boquete (3 buses later) at 6 AM.

It took a lot of work to put together the excellent slide show.

What in the world motivates you people to stand up and start talking and heading to the exits about 10 minutes before the presentation is over.

Did you not know the speaker was still trying to speak?  This is unbelievable rudeness and I’m ashamed of all of you.

I am the person responsible for getting great programs and great speakers into the BCP meetings and it’s no easy task.  In the future, if you can’t stay to the end and give the presenters some respect, please don’t come.

And, if you’re going to stand in the doorway blocking it while you argue about the $1 admission fee, please also don’t come.

Penny Barrett

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Keith Woolford said:

The theatre isn't big enough for some of the audiences that certain speakers attract.

Blocking the exit aisles from the theatre is probably more dangerous, but less noticeable, than blocking the exit in the parking lot.

Is the designated Exit at the Oasis end of the parking area functioning or are some people still trying to leave through the Enter Only gate?

3 hours ago, Penny said:

Today’s presentation at the BCP Tuesday talks was the culmination of much planning and work by Penny Ripple and her team.

The speakers came from all over Panama; two of them rode the bus all night from Portebello arriving in Boquete (3 buses later) at 6 AM.

It took a lot of work to put together the excellent slide show.

What in the world motivates you people to stand up and start talking and heading to the exits about 10 minutes before the presentation is over.

Did you not know the speaker was still trying to speak?  This is unbelievable rudeness and I’m ashamed of all of you.

I am the person responsible for getting great programs and great speakers into the BCP meetings and it’s no easy task.  In the future, if you can’t stay to the end and give the presenters some respect, please don’t come.

And, if you’re going to stand in the doorway blocking it while you argue about the $1 admission fee, please also don’t come.

Penny Barrett

I thought this was a BCP program for adults??

Did you get the names of these people so you can deny their entrance at the next meeting?

Your role is not easy. You are providing the community a learning opportunity and trying to make their life here in Boquete more interesting and enjoyable. Unfortunate what happened at today's meeting. Hope people will reconsider their rude behavior and not repeat.