How to Report an Unsafe Utility Component?

Where should one go to report a potentially dangerous public utility to request that it be repaired? Walking nearby or underneath this power box seems to be a risk that we are not willing to take. See these photos that were taken across the street from Romeros here in Boquete. It is not just the open wiring and switch box, but also the loose metal sheeting that could be ready to fall on someone.

2016-11-19 11.21.57.jpg2016-11-19 11.21.38.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, that is the temporary electrical service which was used during the construction of the Mercado Municipal. I don't believe it's connected, which eliminates any electrical danger, but I did almost hit my head on it one day due it's low position.

Will ask at the Municipio when I am there tomorrow.

Edited by Keith Woolford

Go to the Western Union/Union Fenosa office downtown, and show them the photos. I did this when there was a metal pole in my neighborhood that was being struck by a utility line and sparking whenever it was windy. They called the main office while I was standing there, and it was taken care of in a few days.

After several attempts to get Union Fenosa to come out and check out the transformer in my yard that was making small explosions, I finally called Rodny Direct and gave him the pole number. I swear, Union Fenosa was there within an hour and Rodny stayed on the phone with them directing them to the correct address. Worth every penny of the $80 I pay for this service every year.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

I'm happy to report that this power box has recently been removed. In fact, the entire pole on which the power box was installed has been removed. A side benefit, beyond the safety issue, is that it freed up another parking slot.

Good job for whoever took care of this problematic power box.

• Moderator_02 changed the title to How to Report an Unsafe Utility Component?