Returning merchandise to Amazon

Good morning all. I invested in some technology that just wont work for me and want to return it to Amazon. I know it wont be cheap. I was thinking of asking Mailboxes to ship it back for me. Im guessing it may cost 80 bucks or so. The stuff cost me 500 bucks so im willing to take a loss. Am i off base? Thoughts?  I have less than 30 days to get it back to Amazon. Thanks.

Edited by Jay Kay
More info

31 minutes ago, Keith Woolford said:

For outgoing mail and parcels, I use the local Postal system. Everything I've ever sent 'registered', including the return of an iPhone, arrived to its destination successfully.

Be sure that you use the "EMS" class of service if you ship via the local postal service. EMS is the equivalent of Express Mail in the USPS system, which means it includes a tracking number.

By use of the term "registered", I believe Keith is referring to EMS.

Once an EMS letter or package arrives in Miami, the tracking information then goes into the USPS website so that you can see the progress and ultimate delivery information. 

Like Keith, I have used the EMS service many times over the years and have never had a lost or damaged package. Just do not expect overnight delivery. Think in terms of a week, más o menos.

MBE Boquete can assist in packaging up fragile items, and I believe they will even interface with the Panamanian post service on your behalf. Arturo and Velkys are very accommodating in these matters.

EMS rates start at $13.50 and go up from there.

Ken and Becky's suggestion is also a good idea.

UPDATE

For anyone interested. Thanks to all that took the time to respond. Your input is appreciated. Here is what i did based on your advice. I called Amazon and told them I am in Panama. They emailed me an International return label that includes a customs form. I was concerned that my item would take more than 2 weeks to get there but the rep said i could ship regular ems no problem, so i didnt have to pay for expensive courier. I dont have a printer so I talked to Arturo at MBE and i just had to forward the forms to him and he took care of everything!  They email a tracking number once they take the package to the post office for me. The parcel was 1 kg so only cost me 12.70.......including the great service. I cant say enough good things about Amazon and Arturo and other staff at MBE.  

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

Final UPDATE

Well, it took forever to get out of Panama.... I followed the tracking number and it took until month end to leave the country. But the best part, it arrived at Amazon on November 3 and I got full refund to my credit card today, the 5th.That's good service !

• Upvote 2

Thank you for that info Jay.  I just assumed I couldn't send stuff back, so I'm glad to know it's possible.  I think there might be an even more secure mail with the Boquete p.o. other than express.  Perhaps it's certified.  I don't remember, but if I find out, I will post that information.