Outside Influence

Oh my gosh!!  This person Ambreen (he or she?) can't seem to get anything right!

I have to wonder what the real story about Ning is and why these JLM people are always so defensive about their communication system.

What does he/she mean that Ning is "...not a public website, never has been...."?  If this indeed is not a "public website, never has been" then why is the public able to access and post there?

This indicates the immaturity of Ambreen. Of course she is just an individual who is employed by JLM to front as a moderator. Anyone moderating a Boquete Forum should live here and have some sense when are accurate statement made about the area and when ridiculous statements are made. 

Anyone who has lived here less than 8 months hasn’t had the time to understand all the nuances of the different factions.

In a forum, there has to be honest discussion, which should only be moderated to prevent trolls. Sometimes a moderator needs to invite participants to take it off line. However, banning people with, which the moderator disagrees should, not exist.

I think a lot of good comes between honest discussion with multiple posts of view. Often one’s thinking can change if presented with facts not previously considered. The new NING wants no discussion that may present a negative picture of Boquete or Panama.

I have no idea what the motivation of JLM is. Obviously they want to make money, but anyone with much sense would recognize that Lee didn’t make a lot of money on NING. It more than covered his expense, but he wasn’t getting rich, from what I see. He did it because he loved the area and wanted an uncensored forum.

That has died with Lee.

When the dust settles, my suspicion is that JLM has some foundation in real estate development, real estate sales, or some tourism based business, which depends on attracting people from other countries to Panama.

What other reason would you want to stop honest discussions? That was the main value of NING. 

That’s my thoughts. I am interested in other’s thoughts.

Let's see. I need a two to three sentence introduction before posting my blog's URL. Luckily, today, I have a little time on my hands and think I can handle it. Here is my response to Aberdeen's post. It was intended to be humorous, but sometimes my humor misses the mark. 

http://www.chiriquichatter.net/blog/2015/11/03/time-for-some-more-positive-levity/

• Upvote 1

Better to be panned than banned, I always say.

Well, I will now, anyway. Your brand won't get fanned out-of-hand, but you're canned if you planned to stand with the clanned band in the banned land. Or so I'm given to understand.

Ain't life grand?

It's glandular,

wryawry