Thank you Marcelyn and Bud and all the other great folks behind the scenes that contribute to this fantastic, positive, and informative site!

I just visited that "other old site" and I'm astonished by the bigotry and hate on several current threads. They've reached a new low and there doesn't seem to be any moderation.  

Thank you, thank you for presenting a fantastic and positive alternative. We know it's a lot of hard work, but please keep it up!

Chiriqui Life!

• Upvote 1

There was even a vile anti-semitic cartoon posted on ning.  I couldn't believe what I was seeing.  The moderators seem to have abandoned ning.  It has taken a very ugly turn and has little to do with Boquete any more.

Edited by JudyS
  • Upvote 1

It's difficult to believe that anyone would continue to allow such blatantly racist and bigoted remarks to stand in a community forum, unless it's one which is dedicated to antisemitism and white supremacy.

Hopefully people will not associate Boquete or the majority of Boqueteños with these types of comments.

Edited by Keith Woolford
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Bonnie said:

Absolutely. It's going downhill fast. I join everyone in thanking to Bud and Marcelyn for having the foresight to see that Boquete needed a real forum for the exchange of information and ideas. They were ahead of their time.

Great timing and organization. We're indeed fortunate to have Bud and Marcelyn hosting this site.

• Upvote 1

I also echo the thanks given to Bud and Marcelyn. 

I dropped by Boquete.ning this morning after a couple of weeks of totally ignoring it, and saw that the global warming denialists there were trying to bait me again.  Since in general, willfully ignorant people and conspiracists do not accept understand science and rational thinking, and they don't accept evidence and reason, I merely posted some silliness, and then quickly left without engaging the instigators. 

I have also given upon posting my artisan woodturning "event" notices there because no one seems to monitor the requests and approve them in a timely manner and post them promptly as Fran did in the "old days."  (The News.Boquete e-mails listserve and the posting of them here is a much better option - and certainly more reliable.) 

And now it's time to try out some new ideas for artistic woodturnings...

Edited by David van Harn
Error correction
  • Upvote 1

• Administrators

Thank you to our members for these kind words, support, and contributions.

We try to keep improving CL, and regret that sometimes it takes longer than desired to make improvements.

Please keep your suggestions and ideas coming forward. Everyone benefits when you do that.

Marcelyn and Bud