Why doesn't NING allow News.Boquete to be mentioned

I haven't been one to bash NING in the past even when they deleted the display ad Lee was running for news.boquete. As most of you know, News.Boquete is a free community service run by Bud Huber and me and paid for by me. Apparently NING feels it's somehow competing with them. Today I posted a new discussion advising the NING readers how they could sign up for this free community service. The very community minded folks at NING immediately deleted the discussion. Guess they will next ban me for being a trouble maker.

What in the world is wrong with those folks if they delete announcements about community services????

• Upvote 1

Penny,

That's a good question, one I doubt will ever be answered.

The recourse IMO, is to get the word out on all the other sites about this experience and, all of us here on Chiriqui Life should be encouraging our friends, family, and Chiriqui business owners/managers  to be active on this site. After all  CL is for us, and the community so we all need to participate and help make it better.

Once in a while I check in over there and besides Olga, ( who does post a lot of great information) they are still bashing, banning, and making the same old snide remarks that are off subject. Why any business would want to be involved with BN is beyond me. 

CL is a great site, smart, open and fair minded folks are running it. Is it as user friendly as BN? No, ( which is the biggest comment we get when we mention CL) but it's still new and the improvements will take time.

BTW.... if it has not been said, your services are greatly appreciated!!! Keep them coming!

Cheers to you!

• Upvote 2

Perhaps a link is perceived between News Boquete and CL because the News Boquete reports are posted here. Just guessing  ..other people's actions or decisions are often difficult to understand.

The new direction of .ning seems to be focused on providing information assembled in a more organized fashion. However, the info. is being provided by one individual only and any questioning of it's validity is discouraged. 

It's unfortunate that years of accumulated knowledge is unused. It would have have been my goal to try to re-reference existing information bu that didn't happen y es lo que es.

• Upvote 1

Yes, I think Keith is right. Bob Wilson (or whatever his name is) thinks I am one of the owners of Chiriqui Life although I've repeatedly told him that such is not the case. I have absolutely no power or authority on Chiriqui Life.

The really unfortunate thing is that newcomers to our area (either actual or potential) don't find Chiriqui Life because they will do a google search on the word "Boquete" and ning comes up but not CL.

Actually, if you look back, much of the banning on Ning was also guilt by association.   They have managed to whittle down the number of posting members to Ogla a few Ning cheerleaders.   Unfortunately, a member is not allowed to disagree or correct misinformation without being labelled as "one of those people".   Doing so makes you guilty by association and all future posts are treated with disrespect.  

For me, it makes the site no different than a personal blog - one person's viewpoint with a couple of comments. 

As for the old Ning site, a 100% complete archive copy of Lee's original Ning site has been saved and does exist.   If there is a desire to go through it and pull out the old valuable information that has been lost, please contact me.       

Edited by Twin Wolf Technology Group
  • Upvote 2