I expect trees and lines to come down during the windy season. But I don't expect it to take 10 hours to repair. Even if they had to wait until daylight, five hours seems like an inordinate amount of time.  I also notice that UF does a minimum of tree trimming to help avoid such outages. All that said, I have to confess that its better than it was when we first came here, nine years ago.

46 minutes ago, Keith Woolford said:

Anyone else notice there are some pretty high winds out there?

Trees and lines get blown down causing interruptions to service.

Hardly the suppliers fault, they do respond quickly.

Why does the power go out so often on clear, windless days?  Would you consider 10 hours to fix an outage a quick response?  Yes, it is the supplier's fault.

Edited by JudyS

Whether an outage takes an hour or a day to restore depends on the severity of the problem and during the windy season there may be multiple issues to deal with simultaneously. People still drive into poles on clear windless days.

Do you call the outages in yourself or wait for someone else to do so?

After ten years of living in Costa Rica, I know what poor infrastructure and poor service is all about. Here it's far superior, not perfect, but constantly improving. In North America, where most of us came from, it was good but is steadily deteriorating.

Folks were also complaining in town today about lack of Cableonda service on Superbowl day.

I always call them about outages.  I don't wait for someone else to do it.  If it is a weekday, I go down to the office.  That often gets quicker results.  I'm curious how people can view the Superbowl on Cable Onda.  It is being broadcast on CBS, which CO doesn't have.  Is it also on another network?

Edited by JudyS

When the game started, we couldn't get USTVNow at all and therefore couldn't get CBS. However, there's a CBS Sports app that I downloaded to Roku, and we watched that. It was good for a while, but started getting fuzzy and cutting out from time to time.

USTVNow resumed service sometime around 7:30. (???)  We went back and forth, depending on which was better. I went to bed about 3/4 of the way into the fourth quarter (at the insistence of the dogs) and watched the balance of the game on CSB Sports on my iPad. Reception was perfect there.

It was a frustrating day trying to figure all this out. IPTV was out, USTVNow was out. You would think they could get their acts together in preparation for Super Sunday.