Is anyone going to Canada in the near future?

If anyone is going to Canada in the near future, I'd appreciate your bringing back a small auto part for me--one inner boot kit for a 2004 Nissan X-trail. Part number 39741-8H525.

Cost is $54.11. I will pay you in advance, with extras for any sales tax, etc.

X-trails are sold in Panama but not in the US. Nissan dealers here are a ripoff and they say this part is not even AVAILABLE in Panama. Checking in Canada, they have the part but ordering it online to be sent from Canada to Miami would cost upwards of $111. (Then additional cost from Miami to Ebox.)

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help! (No particular rush.) 

Dottie

Dottie, I have an X-trail and have been told the same thing about the part is not even available in Panama.   However, a trip to one of the parts store in David showed the part was available.   If you have not done so, you might check a few parts stores because I was told that story from one shop but it simply was not true.

Geeze--never mind! I just saw it on Amazon for $10 plus free shipping!

19 minutes ago, Twin Wolf Technology Group said:

Dottie, I have an X-trail and have been told the same thing about the part is not even available in Panama.   However, a trip to one of the parts store in David showed the part was available.   If you have not done so, you might check a few parts stores because I was told that story from one shop but it simply was not true.

Thanks, Dan, but I've already ordered from Amazon. Saves a lot of running around!

I have an old (2007) X-Trail which is sold in the U.S. under the name Xterra. I need to order a part for it but the internet sites keep asking for things like chassis number, etc.

Where is the best place to internet shop for this kind of stuff? Amazon??

How do you go about finding out a part number?

Thanks for any help.

Nissan X-Trails are not sold in the U.S. under the name Xterra. They are two different vehicles entirely.

X-Trails are built for a global market and are sold in Europe, Australasia, Canada, and Latin America, whereas Xterras were built in the U.S. specifically for the U.S. market.

Internet auto parts sites ask for the vehicle VIN in order to confirm the model.

Depending on what's required, most parts are readily available here.