Banned from ning!

I hadn't participated much on boquete.ning, and even less since the "new management." Today, though, I attempted to log in and post a message. Here was my response: 

Hello Ms. Atwater

At your request we terminated your membership. ( if we are in Error, we are sorry)   We would love to reinstate you, but not if are unhappy to be a part of Boquete Ning.  We need community members to help us move forward and apologize that we cannot please all with our changes and direction which is different from Mr. Zeltzer's style of management.  We do have good things coming and all we ask is for some patience.

Please advise,

Sincerely

Ambreen
Adminstrator

------------------------------
No, I never requested to terminate my membership. I can only surmise that my membership was "terminated" because several days ago on ning I posted a generic dislike of the "new ning." (Don't remember what I said but I know it wasn't a nasty comment.)

So, Ambreen, NO, I do not wish to reinstate my membership that I did not request to be terminated.  With this kind of censorship now on ning, I'm predicting it will soon be extinct.

By the way, in doing a search, "Ambreen" is an Islamic/Arab girl's name, probably Indian.  Means sky or blue sky...one located has a background in web development, English as a second language.
  • Upvote 1

Here's another "ning" response to my response that I did not terminate my membership. Remarks in red are mine.

Ms.
With all do (due?) respect, we try to be understanding to as many members as we can.  Sadly, we failed with you.  in defense, more than triple the amount of members terminated while under the previous owner.  (Terminated under Lee's ownership? I find that hard to believe.) Our base is increasing everyday (every day...and really?) and we are very pleased in its new direction for the continuing increase in the base of membership,  majority of readers really enjoy that we are free of the conflicting conversations that hurt many people.  (Gobble-de-gook.)
As Lee Zeltzer stated and we hold to his principal.    " If you don't like how Boquete.Ning is managed, please close your account and move on.  Your ''right to free speech'' is not part of the deal here.  "  

It must be another Ms. Atwater who applied for membership to day, (today)  Our apology and hope you find your voice with the other options you have in Boquete. (No, it wasn't another "Ms. Atwater." When my password/login didn't work, I re-applied with the same information. Then saw "membership pending approval." I clicked "cancel my application.")
 Whoever these new mysterious ning owners are, they've really shot themselves in the foot. And it seems that the writer has English as a second language.
  • Upvote 1

JLM (Ning owners) seems to have very little internet experience or they would know that it is rude to post in BOLD ALL CAPS (as in their current intro).  I don't think anyone communicating on behalf of JLM passed high school English/grammar/spelling, (see Dottie's notes re ''due?'', ''every day'', and ''today''), and logic doesn't seem to be a strong point since they keep insisting that they will be making the ''majority'' of their readers happy but don't want anyone to comment - good or bad - on the site... so I guess they will be creating their own ''majority'' by eliminating the ''minority''.

I don't have the impression that the writer has English as a second language.  I think the writer is ignorant and/or lazy, as well as arrogant and condescending.

I do enjoy it when they quote Lee's rule .... ''If you don't know how Boquete.Ning is managed, please close your account and move on.  Your right to free speech is not part of the deal here.''  I wrote that rule and all the others that they attribute to Lee.

Boquete Ning continues to use my copyrighted member avatar image for those members who haven't uploaded their own.  I've asked them to discontinue using it.  But they might not be able to figure out how for a while, until they get to the chapter on images in ''Coding for Dummies.''

Edited by Franagain
spelling corrections
  • Upvote 2

Since I've been banned and blocked, I use another browser to check up on the new "awesome" ning.  Absolutely mind numbing how the new owners have so quickly destroyed what was once an extremely successful, informative site.

I wonder how long the original advertisers will remain, as the new members do not even live in Panama to support these businesses.  It will be interesting to see how long Boquete Ning will survive.  How I miss Lee...

Chiriqui Life, Chiriqui Chatter, and the Facebook group, Boquete News will be the only sources to get truthful, informative guidance on daily living here. The other newly created Boquete sites by people who have lived here for a couple of months are truly a joke. 

• Upvote 1

I wrote a post that was deleted when the thread initiated by Cloudless was also deleted.   It is sad what is happening to a site that used to be interesting.  I liked the controversy and heated debate seven that some people posted harsh,insulting and offensive post.   But those heated debates usually Rose some good opinions, points of views.  I might be wrong but to me looks like the amount of posts have decreased and the importance of the threads diminished.