Articles on how living in Panama can save US taxpayers lots of money

NewsLady

Hi, everyone.

I hope everyone had a very good new year.

I listed below some articles you may find interesting, especially the two about how, in certain circumstances, US expat taxpayers can lawfully exclude over $100,000 from their federal tax return.  (I put those first.)  This is especially relevant for those living in Panama, because Panama uses a "territorial" tax system, which doesn't tax income sourced outside of Panama.  We're not giving tax advice, so as with any tax strategy, please ask your licensed tax advisor about your specific circumstances.

I hope you find these articles useful.

How US Expats Can Exclude More Than $100,000 from Taxes

US Expats Who Know the Rules May Avoid All Income Taxes

Living life abroad: Expats find life “right sized” in retirement

The 6 Worst Reasons to Move Abroad

The 6 Most Popular Reasons That Expats Move to Other Countries

I wish you a happy, healthy, and prosperous 2016

Chuck

Chuck Bolotin

Vice President, Business Development

Best_Places_In_The_World_To_Retire_Logo.
The Site That Potential Expats Trust

BestPlacesInTheWorldToRetire.com

Chuck.Bolotin@BestPlacesInTheWorldToRetire.com

Office: U.S. (520) 498-0427
Cell: U.S. (520) 940-0481

Download the free eBook: Panama- 62 Things You Need to Know.

Download the free research study: Expats: Expectations & Reality

Visit our Facebook site and Pinterest site

To see articles written by our about us in NextAvenue, TheStreet, MoneyWatch, Forbes, MSN, LifePart2, Sixty&Me, Daily Finance, etc., visit press

Recently Chuck Bolotin who runs "Best Places" ran an article about crime in Chiriqui written by local tour guide Jackie Lange. Jackie made a totally unfounded and hurtful statement in her article when she stated that Betsy Waddington's husband Joe had been killed because he was a drug dealer. Nobody who knows this family believes there is any truth in this assertion. Chuck had no reason to doubt the article when submitted and actually no way to verify it since Jackie didn't name the victim. Since he runs a responsible website he has pulled the article.

While it's true that the victim wasn't named, anyone who lived her at the time would know that Jackie was referring to the death of Joe Petrobenko. Not only do people not believe that Joe dealt in drugs, but nothing in the investigation suggested such a motive. Joe, Betsy, and Betsy's mother Lorraine were well-loved members of this community who suffered terribly. Betsy and Lorraine likely will suffer for the rest of their lives. I pray that they did not see the post, and hats off to Chuck for removing it. And shame on Jackie for writing such a damaging post based on what must have been an idle rumor.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Penny said:

Recently Chuck Bolotin who runs "Best Places" ran an article about crime in Chiriqui written by local tour guide Jackie Lange. Jackie made a totally unfounded and hurtful statement in her article when she stated that Betsy Waddington's husband Joe had been killed because he was a drug dealer. Nobody who knows this family believes there is any truth in this assertion. Chuck had no reason to doubt the article when submitted and actually no way to verify it since Jackie didn't name the victim. Since he runs a responsible website he has pulled the article.

Perhaps Chuck Bolotin is more informed about Panama's slander laws than is Jackie Lange.