One of my favorite small grocery stores is the Canasta Basica in San Francisco Plaza. They have the cheapest and freshest chickens and eggs in town because they're owned by Avicola in Potrerillos.

Usually their hams are special order only in large quantities. However, right now I saw about 7 or 8 in their meat case for sale. These hams cost a little more than $3/lb and are boneless and delicious. Much better quality and price than the picnics being sold at Price Smart.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Penny said:

One of my favorite small grocery stores is the Canasta Basica in San Francisco Plaza. They have the cheapest and freshest chickens and eggs in town because they're owned by Avicola in Potrerillos.

Usually their hams are special order only in large quantities. However, right now I saw about 7 or 8 in their meat case for sale. These hams cost a little more than $3/lb and are boneless and delicious. Much better quality and price than the picnics being sold at Price Smart.

I've had some of that.  They are real hams, smoked and tasty.