Unable to access Netflix

I'm no expert at all, but when I get desperate I use Netflix app on my phone and then Chromecast to a TV.  For some reason my phone is never caught in the "wrong location".   Now, Doug will read this and tell me I'm using "data" and costing him a billion dollars.... haha

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Palo Alto Jo said:

I'm no expert at all, but when I get desperate I use Netflix app on my phone and then Chromecast to a TV.  For some reason my phone is never caught in the "wrong location".   Now, Doug will read this and tell me I'm using "data" and costing him a billion dollars.... haha

Thanks for the tip, Jo. But what the devil is Chromecast? Every time I turn around there's some kind of technology out there that I've never heard of.?

18 hours ago, Bonnie said:

Thanks for the tip, Jo. But what the devil is Chromecast? Every time I turn around there's some kind of technology out there that I've never heard of.?

It's not very new.  It is a little gadget the size of a swiss army knife, that you plug into the television (sort of a dongle).  Then, anything on your browser can be projected to the TV screen by pushing the little icon.  I use if for YouTube if I want to share a favorite video, instead of everyone gathering around my phone.  You can even show a photo album like a slide show.   It costs about $40 from Amazon last I checked.   Fairly easy to set up.  The icon always shows up on Netflix, YouTube or Amazon videos , etc.   If you want to try mine, I'll see if Doug will show you one of ours.   You do need an HDMI open port on your TV.  

• 4 months later...
7 hours ago, JimmieWilliams said:

There is an easy way to access Netflix in the geo-restricted region. All you have to do is to connect VPN and enjoy Netflix and other streaming websites. The best vpn for Netflix is expressvpn. You can ready expressvpn reviews from here: https://www.vpnranks.com/expressvpn-netflix/

What s the best VPN to use in order to get Amazon videos?  After reading a post here I bought a Chromecast and LOVE it.   I really appreciate all the advice I get from posters !