President Varela inspects progress in works in the province Chiriquí 

0A50C133-2328-4ED9-A699-6AE86BF4329C.thumb.jpeg.29c38e8e60ba3403891b83d828bab1a9.jpeg

Saturday, 13 of January of 2018  |     

A tour of various works executed by the Government in the province of Chiriquí was made by President Juan Carlos Varela. The investments exceeds 2  billion balboas.

In Boquete, President Varela supervised the work that is done on the Boquete Bridge that crosses the Caldera River near the Panamonte Hotel, which investment is 3.8 million balboas and records 60% progress in its construction.

This infrastructure will have a length of 115 linear meters and two wide lanes for vehicular traffic in the area.

9DE264D8-DB66-4269-B069-7076646EDF62.thumb.jpeg.b166b6525c53640fc499d00f8398e5b7.jpeg

Subsequently, the President and his team made a tour of the new Aqueduct system, Sanitary Network and Wastewater Treatment Plant in Boquete, which will benefit more than 22 thousand residents of this district with a progress in their infrastructures is of 76%. The State investment for this important work is B /. 22.5 million and is developed through the National Council for Sustainable Development (CONADES).

Currently, work is being carried out on the installation of network of the sanitary pipes, as well as installation work on water storage tanks and pumping system; among other.

Equally, the works of the Boquete - Palmira highway shows a 28% development were verified. This important road that will significantly impact the agricultural, tourist and commercial development of the Tierras Altas sectors consists of an extension of more than 10 kms and has a cost of B/. 14.9 million.

Works in David

After going through the works of these important works executed by his Administration in Boquete, the Chief of the Executive went to the district of David, where he observed the advances presented by the remodeling of the Kenny Serracín stadium, which will open its doors to baseball next 23 March with the match between the novenas of Herrera and Chiriquí of the major category.

These works have a progress of more than 90%, with an investment of B/. 16. 2 million.

In addition, the President supervised the work that is done to the Secondary School Pablo Emilio Corsen, which value exceeds B/. 8 million. It currently has 93% and should be ready at the start of the 2018 school calendar.

New headquarters of MIDA

As part of his working tour in the province of Chiriquí, Varela gave the Order to Proceed for the construction of the new regional headquarters of the Ministry of Agricultural Development (MIDA) in Chiriquí, which value is B/ 4.3 million.

https://www.presidencia.gob.pa/Noticias/Presidente-Varela-inspecciona-avance-de-obras-en-la-provincia-de-Chiriqui-

President Juan Carlos Varela

Contact

Address: Palacio de las Garzas, Corregimiento de San Felipe

P.O. BOX: Presidency of the Republic, Panama 1, Republic of Panama

Telephone Central: (507) 527-9600

Edited by Keith Woolford

Subsequently, the President and his team made a tour of the new Aqueduct system, Sanitary Network and Wastewater Treatment Plant in Boquete, which will benefit more than 22 thousand residents of this district with a progress in their infrastructures is of 76%??????

I have my doubts on this number.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Keith Woolford said:

Aren't they referring to the President?

I don’t know who they’re referring to; that’s why I asked. “Administration in Boquete” is unclear, but it sounds to me more like the municipal government than it does the national government overseeing municipal work. I just would really like to know who’s in charge.

37 minutes ago, Bonnie said:

I don’t know who they’re referring to; that’s why I asked. “Administration in Boquete” is unclear, but it sounds to me more like the municipal government than it does the national government overseeing municipal work. I just would really like to know who’s in charge.

these important works executed by his Administration (in Boquete), the Chief of the Executive (President Varela) went to the district of David,

the way I read it

1 hour ago, Keith Woolford said:

the way I read it

I see now, and I think you're right. I managed to miss the "his."

Haven't they been working on the Boquete-Palmira highway a long time? It seems like it should be more than 28% complete. But I confess to knowing little about the distance or the terrain, except that I understand it involves one or more bridge.

41 minutes ago, Bonnie said:

Yeah, but that was two years ago almost to the day, Keith. Why, in two years plus, is it only 28% completed? Does anyone know?

January 2016 was the announcement the link would go ahead. (I actually tried to reference the last post in this topic however it displayed the link to the root of the discussion instead)

The project was tendered in late December 2016 and work actually got started around May 2017. John F. and I have posted a few updates since. 

The last MOP report was in November. It's also in the thread. 

Opinions exist that the design is poor due to the route chosen.  The four bridges that are required haven't even been started, afik. That would account for a large % percentage of the overall project.