Use of my Gallery

• Administrators

Seeing the same problem in testing things.

One quick question: Are you indicating that the software should display a map showing where the images were taken? If so, try uploading one image but with that option turned off.

Please let me know the results.

• Administrators

Working on this. I likely will be opening a trouble ticket with the software company.

Would it be possible for you to send me a copy of the photo that you are trying to upload as an attachment to an email? Click on the email address next to my name at the bottom of my post (that is my signature block with my Display Name, real name, and email address).

I tried to upload a 1.71MB photo from my browser and as well ran into difficulty.  This time an ERROR popped up. In a message I tried to copy and paste the error to you and it jammed in there in my message box...mighty wierd.  I'm IT illiterate...but trying....sorry

OK 700KB size limit would eliminate all the photos in my browser.  If I could use my images from Image Shack I could reduce them....but there in no box for that URL entry in the

gallery like there is here in this location.   Soo as it stands I can not upload photos into my gallery Brundageba.

Could before...but not now...

lUE1ou.jpg  .This is the photo.  Its the hotel at Santa Catalina where we surf.  restaurant, pool and surf

1.71 MB

Alison

• Administrators

Fantastic photo. I'm jealous.

For the information of our members, the problem mentioned above is known and being worked by me and our software vendor. Previously there was no problem with uploading photos of any reasonable size into the gallery, but somewhere along the line a bug crept into the picture (pardon the pun! :S ). This problem has been escalated to higher levels, but it will likely take a bit more time for resolution.

I reduced the test photo Bud and I have been working with by 50% using your program...inserted the photo into my Browser and tried to upload it into my gallery...it did not work.  I ran into the same issue I had with the original photo.  An ERROR appears that I sent to Bud.   Same same....so size does not matter.

• Administrators
20 hours ago, JudyS said:

Here is a simple online program for reducing size of photos.  I use it to put the dogs and cats on Pets Want Homes.

http://www.picresize.com/

JudyS,

You have provided information about a very good tool that our members can use for more than just uploading pictures into CL. And it is free, to boot. Thanks.

As for the CL gallery issue, it continues, which, as of this posting, effectively means our photo gallery is useless. We have very high levels of attention at the service provider level. I will keep everyone informed at major milestones as we move forward. It will get resolved.

Brundageba's patience is to be admired.

I'm sure it will be resolved.  Meanwhile inserting photos into the comments section seems to go seamlessly.  A nice photo gallery of local Panama pictures will certainly be a plus to the site methinks. 

I'll keep trying....haven't tried Google Chrome yet...So far what has not worked is:

1. Reducing the size of the photo to well below 700 KB

2. Browsers used Mozilla Firefox & Internet Explorer

3.  It would be nice if the IT guys for the site's management could structure the gallery photo installation like it is in the regular comments section.   Then I can use a URL and as well resize my pics from Image Shack photo storage account.

Alison

• Administrators
22 hours ago, Brundageba said:

I tried my reduced size photo in Google Chrome   Got the same error message.    Alison

[[Template gallery/front/submit/imageInformation is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]

Alison,

This website has the ability to support different "themes". Think of themes as style sheets that control how the content gets displayed. By displayed, think in terms of background colors, fonts, font sizes, etc. We have made one optional theme available (it is called Chameleon), but it is not the default.

Please look at the very bottom of your display, and look for a "Theme" pull-down menu. It should be at the center bottom of the window; it may be in the bottom left of the window (which would indicate that you are not using the default theme). Be sure your theme is the default, and not indicating Chameleon. If your theme is not the default, then invoke it (do that simply be clicking on Default), and then run the photo upload test again.

FYI, the default theme is the software vendor's theme, not a commercial alternative. Maybe I should disable the one optional theme (Chameleon) that has been installed. Hmmmm....

• Administrators

Wow. This was a difficult one. Thanks for hanging in there. Your patience is to be admired (I know, I am repeating myself, but you really are tenacious). My wife says the good guys always win.

I now know what to do about the alternative theme option. Dump it from the system!