Broken Main Water Line in Bajo is Repaired

Received a WhatsApp message this evening saying that water service will be suspended on Monday 29th from 8:00 am in order to effect repairs to a 12" line in Los Naranjos.

A RECOGER AGUA  EL LUNES 29 A TEMPRANAS HORAS POR REPARACIÓN 

Atención mucha atención, a todos los moradores del distrito boqueteños y que son abastecido del vital líquido del acueducto municipal se les comunica que el aproximo lunes el personal de mantenimiento de Acueducto Municipal de Boquete estará realizando trabajos en la tubería de 12 pulgadas en el área de los Naranjos próximo a la Cantera.

Desde las 8 de la mañana del lunes 29 de mayo el personal de mantenimiento en pleno estará realizando los trabajos y se desconoce el tiempo y la magnitud del daño en la tubería, según Roberto Jaramillo encargado de mantenimiento del acueducto.

El alcalde de Boquete Emigdio Walker Vásquez manifestó que se procederá a reparar la tubería y se pide a la población recoger agua y tome las medidas del caso a fin de mitigar el impacto por la falta del servicio de agua potable; el próximo lunes 29 de mayo de 2017 en el distrito de Boquete.

Departamento de Relaciones Pública

Edited by Keith Woolford

Those of us residing in Palo Alto are not on municipal water, Doug, so you can shampoo away on Monday morning.

I assume this will affect the few downtown and Alto Boquete restaurants that are open on Monday, e.g., Big Daddy's, The Oasis, Sugar 'n' Spice, etc. Has anyone heard anything?

I have to confess, Bonnie, that I knew that. It was a mild attempt at humor in an effort to help to keep this important notice prominent at Chiriqui Life.  I do hope the residents and businesses on the municipal system are ready for no running water on Monday morning. 

I'd offer my bathroom to everyone on Monday except they've been advised in advance, and I'm almost positive that I'm not quite that generous in real life.  Limited quantities of shampoo, etc....

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Uncle Doug said:

I have to confess, Bonnie, that I knew that. It was a mild attempt at humor in an effort to help to keep this important notice prominent at Chiriqui Life.  I do hope the residents and businesses on the municipal system are ready for no running water on Monday morning. 

I'd offer my bathroom to everyone on Monday except they've been advised in advance, and I'm almost positive that I'm not quite that generous in real life.  Limited quantities of shampoo, etc....

So much for the luck of the Irish. My sister's first visit to Panama with us in 2013, we awoke to find the water pressure at Mima's house in Los Cabezos so low that the showers didn't work.  This is how we shampoo when that happens. Still, Nena says it was better than when they used to haul water from the neighborhood hydrant down the road.

jim

shampoo.jpg