New report of home invsion Nov 9 at noon

I have no first hand  information on this incident other than what  I read as reported by another individual.  .  It was was reported that armed, masked men in a pickup gagged and tied residents in the area of Brisas in Las Trancas.  Report stated it occurred at noon Nov 9.   Robbery, no injuries. .  I would like to know if this is in fact true.

Glad to hear everyone is OK.

At noon I had just left home for Dolega when I realized I forgot something in the casa.

When I turned around at the Caldera turnoff and returned two Police officers had just set up about 1 km north of the intersection and they were stopping northbound vehicles.

While I was waiting to go through, the newer blue/white Ford patrol unit came flying down the highway southbound and the officers inside told the two stopping northbound vehicles that they were on the wrong side of the road.

The blue/white Ford then turned around and high-tailed it back to Las Trancas where they parked in the entrance.

When I had retrieved my document at home and was headed southbound again, the blue/white pickup was still in the Las Trancas entrance and the first two officers had moved to the southbound side of the highway.

When they waved me through I asked if they were looking for maleantes.   "Si".

Sounds like the bad guys got away before it was possible to establish an effective roadblock. 

This is where some of the planned new 5000 security cameras will help if they are placed strategically under bridges to catch License plates, imo.
Edited by Keith Woolford
  • Upvote 1

I was headed for David around 12:45 or 1pm and the police were everywhere around Las Trancas. The 4x4 truck, ATV and foot cops were headed into the woods. At least they are on top of this quick now. I'm curious how it was reported because it appears some quick action took place.

Edited by Hil

Police contact says the assailants have not yet been captured.

This doesn't surprise me as they probably are from David and made a quick return to David. I would guess that is the reason that areas south of Boquete are so attractive to criminals, both violent and non-violent.