Has anyone recently been required to place a deposit with Union Fenosa? After 6 years, they are now demanding a $62 deposit from us. Our monthly bills average around $15. We've always paid our bill and never been disconnected so we're not sure why we have to pay one now, but they are threatening to disconnect if we don't. 

• Upvote 1

I have extra money in my account to always cover payments, but I decided to take most of it out.  So I went there I was told I could not do this.  It seemed pointless to argue at the time so will wait until I move or until I get a Spanish speaking person to come along with me and argue in Spanish.  May have to go to David to do this.  It's my money, not their's.

• 4 weeks later...

they credited my deposit back to me after two years.    then I did not pay them for a month then paid almost the whole balance except $1.80 which went into second month. Opps that triggered them requesting a $90 deposit.  Having lived her for 11 years I learned along time ago that taking up a buerocartic fight with any Panama company is a wast of time and can even cause worse things to happen.

• Upvote 1

Has anyone recently been required to place a deposit with Union Fenosa? After 6 years, they are now demanding a $62 deposit from us. Our monthly bills average around $15. We've always paid our bill and never been disconnected so we're not sure why we have to pay one now, but they are threatening to disconnect if we don't. 

Three years ago I had to deposit $101 with Union Fenosa to get service here in David as a renter. Which was fine with me, they do that in the US as well. At month 13 they credited my bill and at month 14 they credited the balance of the deposit. 

Edited by JoJo