100th Spay/Neuter Clinic in Volcan!

http://spaypanama-chiriqui.org/100th.html  We had a grand celebration for our 100th clinic! See my web page for details.

45 animals were spayed/neutered by Dr. Andres Tello, our wonderful veterinarian, plus he performed 10 other procedures:  exams, extracting teeth, removing growths from an already sterilized dog, etc. Three of my own dogs were among the 10 extra procedures. With one, he removed a growth from underneath her chin and recommended a
medication for another condition she has. With another, he removed a growth on her gum in her mouth.  

At this November 20, 2016 clinic Dr. Tello sterilized  25 dogs and 20 cats. Of the dogs, 19 were female and 6 were male. Of the cats, 17 were female and 3 were male. This brings our total of sterilized dogs and cats to 3,707.

We never know what will be necessary at a clinic, so thank God for the expertise of Dr. Tello. One small dog was in heat and she bled profusely during spaying because of the distended veins. Dr. Tello stopped the bleeding but said she needed a blood transfusion. 

Go to my web page and the link to my Flickr album to see pictures of how this blood transfusion was done.

Please call for appointments for January 22nd. Call quickly because we already have 34 appointments on the list! (No clinic in December.)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!

Dottie

Edited by Dottie Atwater
  • Upvote 1