I think I need a new English keyboard

Penny

All of a sudden my computer started going berserk when I used the shift key to make a capital letter. Not all the time for all letters but most of the time. I can make the capital by putting on shift lock and then taking it out of shift lock mode. Also, the control key that I use to copy and paste no longer works so those functions don't work. I'm hoping it's just a matter of getting a new keyboard so am seeking advice on where in Boquete or David to buy an English language keyboard as most stores seem to sell the spanish ones.

Thanks for any advise you can give me.

PS -- SOME DAYS IT WORKS FINE

Don't know if you have tried this.....Turn the keyboard upside down while disconnected and give it a few sharp raps on the underside.  That may be enough to dislodge whatever is causing the problem.  Another method is high pressure CO2, you can usually get it in cans from computer stores but with the price of keyboards today it may not be worth it.  

Before you get your hopes up, PriceSmart does NOT carry English language keyboards, only Spanish.

PARS computer store in David definitely does carry English keyboards. PARS is across the street from Super 99 on the street that leads into the prison (which we call the McDonald's street). If you go there, say hi to Alvaro, the store manager.

Thank you all for the help. Before visiting Pars I took John F's suggestion, turned the thing upside down and beat on it. Also took my old toothbrush and some rubbing alcohol and cleaned the crud off the keys. Voila !!! It now is working. You guys are the greatest !!