Posting replies

Every time I try to post a reply to Don Ray's thread my apologies, the reply box comes up and when I tap on it to get the keyboard on my screen the whole thing disappears and I am redirected to the topics list.  This does not happen with other posts and obviously I can comment here.  Any ideas?

Bud, it is happening with my ipad mini.  I can post using my android.  The mini is running ios 9.01, just tried it again and switched machines to reply to you.  Seems like my wife is not having any problems with her ipad air, beginning to suspect my machine.

• Administrators

I use various machines (Windows 7, Windows 19, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iPad, etc.) and do not have the problem. My wife uses an iPad Mini and she does have the problem. It is beginning to sound like an iPad specific model related issue.

I have no idea what the real problem is, nor about how to fix it.

Can anyone out there help?

I use various machines (Windows 7, Windows 19, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iPad, etc.) and do not have the problem. My wife uses an iPad Mini and she does have the problem. It is beginning to sound like an iPad specific model related issue.

I have no idea what the real problem is, nor about how to fix it.

Can anyone out there help?

While it appears you have it narrowed down to the iPad, I would take it a step further and see it if only occurs on one particular browser or another.   In other words, try using Safari and then try using Chrome or some other browser.   I am betting it is a specific browser problem rather than just an iPad problem.

• Administrators

While it appears you have it narrowed down to the iPad, I would take it a step further and see it if only occurs on one particular browser or another.   In other words, try using Safari and then try using Chrome or some other browser.   I am betting it is a specific browser problem rather than just an iPad problem.

I was not aware that an iPad could use different browsers. Hmmm, something new learned again. Will check out the App Store.

And thanks for the tip.

• Administrators

I finally was able to set aside 10 minutes to test the use of a different browser on the iPad -- for the purpose of checking out the disappearing cursor and disappearing reply box.

i went to the App Store and chose Bing. The disappearing cursor/reply box problem occurred no more. It sure seems that this problem is in fact browser related.

However, using a new browser brings with it new problems. I am not familiar with Bing and its icons, etc. Further, Bing appears to be a search engine rather than a browser. It is an extremely fast search engine. I could get to our website, but not by typing in its URL address. Bing does a search on our URL, and then I have to click on its search results to go to our website. Not a major issue, but ... why do it that way?!. ?

On the lack of familiarity with Bing, it will get better with time. It is like the feedback I got/get about CL being not user friendly. I just need more experience with Bing.

Anyone got some other feedback on this problem?

So, the problem is only with the Safari browser and probably only with a specific version.   There is nothing you can do to fix the problem.   It is possible the problem will disappear the next time Apple releases and update to Safari.  Browser incompatibles have plagued computer users ever since the Internet came into being.   As I look at older programming code and even some newer code, there are many times when a program will try to detect a certain type of browser so it knows how to handle well known issues like these.  Part of the problem is not every company adheres to agreed upon standards.   Consequently some browsers display certain websites better than others.   There is no one perfect browser.

Bing is a search engine by Microsoft and not a browser.   The popular browsers for the iPad are:   Chrome, Safari and Opera.   Chrome is a google product and lets face it, when it comes to the Internet they do it bigger and better than Apple or Microsoft.   So, being in your position, I would tell your iPad users to get Google Chrome from the App Store and use it for a better experience with your website.

As a person dealing in this stuff daily, I keep multiple browsers on each of my devices.   It seems that one always seems to work when one of the others does not.  Keep both Chrome and Safari on your iPad.