Testing CableOnda's Customer Service Policies

My backup Internet service is what used to be MobilNet wireless service. That service was taken over by CableOnda in 2015. For about three weeks of this month (basically the entire month) that backup service was out-of-commission. Multiple phone calls were making forward progress, but ever so slowly. My backup service was restored about 9:30AM this morning. Hurrah!!!!

The problem turned out to be that the radio transmitter, which is located on the rear part of our security fence and pointing to Jaramillo, needed to have its software upgraded. That seemed strange to me, but the tech guy was confident that was the problem, and it turned out to be the solution.

Anyway, I decided at lunch today to "test" the CableOnda customer service policies. I now am asking for a credit for three weeks of no-service on that account. The lady that took the call was optimistic, but did indicate it might take about two weeks for someone higher up in the management chain to make a decision.

Part of my thinking in asking for the credit is that our primary Internet service (also CableOnda) went down several times during those three weeks. Since I was paying for redundant service and getting nothing, I am asking for some compensation.

Panama is not known (at least to me it isn't) for being friendly with refunds and/or credits. I'll post here when I get the final answer on my credit request. Time will tell. At least there is a small ray of hope here.

Since C.O. Took over my account from Mobilnet my service has been rock solid......Ooops, until earlier this month.  It crashed on a Saturday night, I thought they might be having tower issues so I didn't call till Tuesday.  At the start I called once a day then by Friday, after getting the same promise every time ( a supervisor will get back to you) I started calling twice a day.  Each time the attendant would tell me someone would call back, no-one did until Saturday afternoon.  A tech called from Panama City, took less than 2 minutes testing and then told me that he could not see my antenna so he would have to send a house call request.  Monday I got a call saying they would be there on the following day and yes, they did arrive.  After changing the receiver on the dish and the modem there was still a problem but they stayed around until it was working again.  So, a total of 10 days without C.O. service.  Bud, who do we call to initiate a refund request?  I think the only way they are going to speed up service calls is if people demand refunds.  In my case I knew the dish wasn't talking to the tower as I was getting "gateway not found" when I tried to use it.  A quick check by a tech on the first day would have confirmed that.

I THINK my Cable Onda problems are almost over....I hope. At first the technicians installed the wrong type of modem (wireless instead of wired) which caused all sorts of problems, including interference with my sound card. I could  not use skype! After several calls, they figured out what was going on, sent two techs to change the modem, and other than a couple of times when CO has been down, it has worked fine. But I have the "package" with them that includes telephone. I never knew when it would work. I called a couple of times on my cell phone, having to use my minutes for that because when I try to log in to their web site (sucursal online) it would not recognize my password or email address--although I do get emails from CO.  Finally yesterday they sent two techs to my house regarding the phone service. They said the cable connecting the modem had not been installed properly. Whether that's true or not, I haven't had any problem with the phone today.

It seems the only remaining problem is unable to log in. Interestingly, someone called today to ask if the phone issue was solved. I mentioned the "unable to log in" issue, and he said he has the same problem! He promised to get to the bottom of it. We'll see.

Well, a long story to answer the questions about refunds. Call 730-5575 and give them your subscriber number. Tell them how long you were without service. They should give you a claim number and tell you it will take up to 30 days. I've had no problem getting credit after I've submitted a claim. I got credit from May 21st to June 3rd (from the time of the first install until they changed the modem) and I've also gotten some credit for the phone issue.

I've generally been pleased with customer service over the phone. And their English-speaking staff all speak excellent English.

2 hours ago, JohnF13 said:

Since C.O. Took over my account from Mobilnet my service has been rock solid......Ooops, until earlier this month.  It crashed on a Saturday night, I thought they might be having tower issues so I didn't call till Tuesday.  At the start I called once a day then by Friday, after getting the same promise every time ( a supervisor will get back to you) I started calling twice a day.  Each time the attendant would tell me someone would call back, no-one did until Saturday afternoon.  A tech called from Panama City, took less than 2 minutes testing and then told me that he could not see my antenna so he would have to send a house call request.  Monday I got a call saying they would be there on the following day and yes, they did arrive.  After changing the receiver on the dish and the modem there was still a problem but they stayed around until it was working again.  So, a total of 10 days without C.O. service.  Bud, who do we call to initiate a refund request?  I think the only way they are going to speed up service calls is if people demand refunds.  In my case I knew the dish wasn't talking to the tower as I was getting "gateway not found" when I tried to use it.  A quick check by a tech on the first day would have confirmed that.

The number I called was 390-7555. Then punch "1" a couple of times for "English" and "Residential". Note that Dottie provided a slightly different number.

If they actually do file a "complaint" that ultimately could lead to a refund, you should be given a four-digit complaint registration number.

Good luck.