Last night we enjoyed dinner at the Mar de Grau, one of the Boquete eateries located North of the big church on Main Street. We call that area "Restaurant Row". Many types of fish were listed on their extensive menu, but we selected the peppercorn steak which was tender and delicious.

Very good service provided by waitress, Keyla Peralta. Colorful decorations and pleasant view into the back yard added to a good environment.  Pensionado discount given automatically.

We'll return to this restaurant because of their food, service, environment, and available parking.

We were a bit concerned in that we were the only customers during our entire stay there. But then we do eat somewhat earlier than most people.

We do plan to return.

• Upvote 1

The meal portion for us, which included the steak dish that Marcelyn mentioned and dessert and tip was about $23.00, after the jubilado discount. Note that we don't eat much, and so tend to share dishes. The drinks we found a bit spendy; The drinks added another $19.00 to the price, and that was for just one drink for each of us.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a Gustazos coupon for Mar de Grau ($40 worth of food for $20), so I went for lunch yesterday with friends. Thinking I would have more than enough money/credit, I ordered two appetizers for the table, the steak stuffed with shrimp entree, and a coke. My bill was over $40 but less than $45. Thank goodness alcohol wasn't available yesterday. Beers averaged $3.75 each and mixed drinks were $7 and $8.

The food, service, and ambience were all excellent, and I had enough leftover to take home for dinner. But at those prices, it'll have to be a special event for me to return. As the appetizers ($8-$9 range) aren't large enough to serve as a meal, some smaller-portioned entrees would be nice for the lunch crowd. We were the only people there from 1:00 to 2:00, but then Panamanians started drifting in so that it was reasonably full by the time we left at 3:00.

• Upvote 1

Well, we went yesterday, which is part of Easter weekend, and they didn't give us any problems. But I made reservations, and there was no one in the restaurant when we arrived. They seem eager to please.

I forgot to mention that the portions are quite large. My steak stuffed with shrimp was huge and was accompanied by a lot of vegetables (excellently prepared) and a salad. They also serve bread with the meal. When I go again, I'll probably get an appetizer and split and entree with someone.