Jump to content

Recommended Posts


Hello friends,

I was a resident of Panama in 2011 and obtained my Drivers Licence. It expired at the end of 2011. I left Panama. Now I am back and as of last month am a Permanent Resident. Can I renew my old licence? How can I do this?

Note: My expired licence from 2011 says "Tipo C" on the top right hand corner.

My old Passport Number is also on the expired drivers licence. Do I need to update this to my CEDULA number? How do I do that?

Many thanks :-)

Edited by Mark X
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unfortunately I do not have the old licence. Will this be a big problem when trying to renew it?

However, I do have a digital photo of it. So I have the licence number etc.

Is there a Government office that I need to go to in order to update my old passport number to my new passport number (before going to renew my licence)?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Keith Woolford said:

Present your expired License, the original or a good copy of the Passport that you used to obtain it,  and your E-Cedula, to the folks at Sertracen s.a. in Chiriqui Mall and see what they say.



Edited by Keith Woolford
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Keith.

I do not have the old licence. I only have a photo of it on my phone (I can print a colour copy of this)

I can also only get a copy of my old passport (not the original)

I have the E-Cedula original

Do you think I have a chance?


Edited by Mark X
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...