I saw Miguel and his truck just down from Romero this afternoon about 2:30.  I didn't approach him because I felt conflicted: I was excited about the prospect of fresh fish but had also heard some stories that led me to believe he had taken the money we raised and wrote us off.  I will give it a couple of days and then probably see what's up, but thought I'd let others know.

Miguel came to our house yesterday while I was in David, and my husband bought two pounds of langostinos (which we enjoyed last night). Larry said he was talking about his truck and his health but, because Larry understands little Spanish, I can't report on exactly what he said. Larry said he appeared to be his same old talkative self.

It's been six months since he was last here (mid July), and about that same amount of time since his disappearance. I do know that he was in bad shape back in July. Let's hope he has resolved his problems, whatever they were.

• Upvote 1

I bought some of his nice longostinos yesterday too.  It's great to have him back.

Since I put something in the pot to lend him a hand, I will comment on that.  I don't know how Miguel used that money, and it really doesn't matter to me.  I am sure that it helped him in some way during a bad time.  I'll put on my rose colored glasses and believe that our help is one reason he is back now.

For anyone who doesn't know Miguel, he is a fish monger from David.  He is usually parked somewhere between Romero and Ro-Her in a red pickup that is full of coolers.  His fish is always fresh and priced lower than the markets.  He speaks a little English, and he remembers your name.  

• Upvote 1

It's probably just me and my right of center leanings but I find it quite amusing when the big push was on to help Miguel one of his woes cited was the theft of his I-phone.

Maybe it's because these smart phones are too smart for me and I keep my 12 year old $20 Nokio that doesn't do anything smart.