A curiosity.

• Administrators

The software detects what kind of platform is being used and adjusts its display based on the available "real estate". There are three categories of platforms that it recognizes: full screen capable (desktop and laptop devices, etc.) type devices, tablets (e.g., an iPad, etc.), and mobile devices (e.g., an iPhone or Android, etc.). The software pares down on what it is trying to display based on the capabilities of the device receiving the information.

The above offered as an explanation, not an excuse.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I've noted that accessing chiriqui.life on my Kindle does not have the "recent content" tab at the top. Huh.

Life is a series of bewildering mysteries for the technically-challenged.....

D

WryAwry,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. Life has been chaotic.

As mentioned in my earlier post, the software senses the type of device being used to acces this website, and reduces the amount of information to be displayed because the smaller size of the display panel for tablets and mobile devices.

For tablets, and I can only presume that a Kindle would fit in that category since I do not have access to one, please look for a rather large white on a black background, 5-point star button in the upper right of the display. That is the "New content" button for tablets. That is how things work for iPads.

Please check this out and let me know if we hit paydirt on this answer.

• Administrators

Bud,  on both my Ipad and Android devices the star is in place at the top right.  However, it disappears if the machines are being used in landscape mode 

I will open a ticket with the application techies.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

• Administrators

Re the case of the disappearing "New Content" button when shifting from portrait to landscape format on tablets, I have received a reply to the ticket that I opened with the application techies. Egg on my face. They have provided screen captures of Chiriqui.Life showing both orientations on a tablet. There is (repeat IS) a "New Content" button in both orientations on tablets. I tried it on my iPad and it is true.

portrait orientation screen capture

landscape orientation screen capture

We are considering this matter closed. If you do not, please let us know and it will be reopened.

Also, thanks for your continued interest and support.