An Indelible Impression Upon My Heart

NewsLady

006d026081461675eb3841f73f61ce87b181a04f

To All My Lovely Friends in Boquete,

I just plain ran out of time!  My intentions to visit with so many of you again were so good but time just did not permit it!  I’ve been up since 2:30 this morning and 4:00 for the last many days preparing for this monumental move.  This last week I had to cancel several commitments as I knew my time was escaping this hourglass at such a rapid rate, it was unprecedented!  I guess it could have something to do with the fact that I am now ancient and can’t keep up the pace I used to…smile!

My chapter in Boquete has been incomparable to any other chapter in my life!  I have crammed a plethora of experiences in the brief four years I’ve been blessed to be here.  Boquete was the most beautiful place I’ve ever lived and my condominium in Valle Escondido was the most beautiful home I have ever owned!  Let’s just discount the road situation.  Had it not been for the death of my dearest Ritch and also Little Buffy, I would be continuing my saga here.  I will also miss the perfect weather of Boquete!

Best of all were the selfless people I met, both gringos and Panamanians!  You have touched my heart and it will forever leave an impression!  You have gently molded and shaped me into a better person and I will pay it forward.  My new adventures will be with my waiting little grandchildren and I can hardly wait to have the innocence, naiveté, and wonder back in my life!  Plus, I get the bonus of being back in the realm of teaching without it being a job.

May you appreciate every single day of your life because you never know if it will be the very last one.  Ritch’s death was so very unexpected!  Let the people you love never wonder about your love, remind them they are the essence of your life!

With much appreciation and love,

Marguerite Heffner