Boquete Health and Hospice September Newsletter

Moderator_02

• Moderators

Welcome to the newsletter of Boquete Health and Hospice
Is this email not displaying correctly? 
View it in your browser.
Boquetehealth logo

Thank You to our Generous Community from Boquete Health and Hospice’s Treasurer, Laurie Collier

WHO donates?
We are blessed in receiving charitable donations from grateful people:
  • Who have benefited from our services;
  • Who have borrowed equipment in their time of need;
  • Who have attended our informative “Being Prepared” Presentations;
  • Philanthropists who want to support our MISSION to provide free, caring, essential assistance to people with temporary illness or at the end of life;
  • And YOU!
WHY we need funds?
Our volunteer organization needs help for:
  • Operating Expenses, including our hotline number to our Administrator (507) 6781-9250;
  • Storage, maintenance and purchasing of medical equipment for our short term loan program;
  • Training and seminars;
  • Community events, like the upcoming Boquete Health Fair on Oct. 22 at the Fairgrounds.
HOW to participate?
  • Become a valued volunteer;
  • Donate no longer needed medical equipment;
  • Make a financial contribution by check or cash.  Contact Laurie Collier at lojocollier@yahoo.com
WHAT we do?
Please take 1 minute to view our descriptive video.  Click on the link:

https://youtu.be/EbYmYqBRs3Y

In Gratitude for all assistance received,
Laurie Collier
Treasurer

How We Help 

howwehelp

I am deeply impressed with the Boquete Health and Hospice organization, and its volunteers!  I may not be a volunteer, but I sure tell everyone who will listen what wonderful work you do--you do it with purpose and love!

I had an occasion about a year ago to contact Betty about a person in our church who was going to have a knee operation--in 4 or 5 days.  She was renting a small bedroom in a home nearby; there was not enough room for a wheelchair after the operation.  Our church Care Team lined up people to make sure she had meals, visitations, and transportation to her doctor, and offered to pick up any medications she would need. 

I called the Hospice, not knowing whether or not they would help our church since we had volunteers to help our member.  I was so impressed by the interest in our case and the immediate offer of assistance with a walker for the patient, and a (former) nurse to visit the patient once she returned to home.

Everything was set up in just 2-3 days.  The day of the operation we had our pray warriors at the church praying, and we felt good that we had everything ready for when the patient returned home.  The patient called me and said she was not having the operation and wanted to have a second opinion.

It was a good trial run for our church's Care Team, and the absolutely incredible response from the Hospice team. 

I had occasion to use their crutches for the inevitable sprained ankle.

I encourage all readers of this Health and Hospice article to keep it handy--you never know when you or a friend may need their services!

Sharon Spalding

Ladies, take your best friend to lunch and a mammogram!  

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5zZW5kY2FzdGxlLmNvbS9wdWJs

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Anytime in October, you can take your best friend to lunch and a mammogram in David. 

Hospital Chiriqui is offering mammograms for $30. Call 774-0128, ext. 1100 to schedule.

Hospital Mae Lewis is offering mammograms for $35. Call 775-4616, ask for radiografía.

Both facilities provide mammograms if you have breast implants for a slightly higher fee.

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5zZW5kY2FzdGxlLmNvbS9wdWJs    aHR0cDovL3d3dy5zZW5kY2FzdGxlLmNvbS9wdWJsaHR0cDovL3d3dy5zZW5kY2FzdGxlLmNvbS9wdWJs

SAVE THE DATE! October 22nd  

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5zZW5kY2FzdGxlLmNvbS9wdWJs
On October 22nd, 2017, from 11-3, Boquete Health and Hospice will present its first Health Fair at the Salon Arco Iris, Féria de las Flores y Café, promoting personal health and medical services to area residents--Expats, Panamanians and the Indigenous populations. We have invited local doctors, pharmacies, labs, David hospital representatives and the Boquete Social Security Clinic to present information about their various services.

This is a free event. Medical testing for blood pressure and glucose among others, will also be offered at no cost.

A complete hot meal, including a beverage and dessert, will be available at $5.00 for adults and $3.00 for children.

Please come and learn about what medical services are available in our town, who the doctors are, and where their offices are located. It could save your life!

We would love to meet you all as well. See you there.

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5zZW5kY2FzdGxlLmNvbS9wdWJs  aHR0cDovL3d3dy5zZW5kY2FzdGxlLmNvbS9wdWJsaHR0cDovL3d3dy5zZW5kY2FzdGxlLmNvbS9wdWJs

To Make a Donation:

BHHF functions with the donations provided by the community. If you are interested in supporting the work we do, please make a donation. To make a financial contribution by check or cash contact Laurie Collier, our treasurer, at lojocollier@yahoo.com  to arrange a place and time to pick up your donation. 

For more information, visit our website:
www.boquetehealth.org

We also have a Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/boqueteheartshandsandhelp/?ref=bookmarks
Please Like our page and Share the contents with your friends and families.

To Contact Us
Hospice/Health: 507.6781.9250
Blood Donor Program: 507.6590.2000
E-mail: boquetehospice@gmail.com
E-mail: boquetehealth@gmail.com

Confidentiality 

All patient information shared with any Boquete Health and Hospice volunteer is kept in the strictest confidence. 

Copyright © 2017 , All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
boquetehealth@gmail.com

Unsubscribe   |   View in browser

--

If replying to this message, reply ONLY to the ORIGINATOR (typically your email application's 'Reply To' function works).

To stop receiving these emails, send a message to news.boquete@gmail.com with the word unsubscribe in the subject line or body of the message.

© 2017, News Boquete. All rights reserved. Public redistribution strictly prohibited without prior written permission.