This is a Mexican popular art shop which also sells very good Mexican food.  The meals are cooked off-site and heated for customers.  We had tamales and flautas which were excellent, and enchiladas con mole, which were even better!  The owner is Mexican.

There is no beer or liquor;  I will bring a flask or carry out.  Rose had reheated enchiladas the next day and loved them.

They serve food daily from 11am to 8pm; Saturday 11 to 4pm, and closed Sundays.  The shop itself opens an hour earlier.

It is easy to find: coming from Boquete, on the street from the Panamericana going to Hospital Chiriqui, it is a large building on the right, some 3 or 4 stops from the Panamericana.

IMG_20170922_120525.jpg

IMG_20170922_120859.jpg

IMG_20170922_121346.jpg

This is a Mexican popular art shop which also sells very good Mexican food.  The meals are cooked off-site and heated for customers.  We had tamales and flautas which were excellent, and enchiladas con mole, which were even better!  The owner is Mexican.

There is no beer or liquor;  I will bring a flask or carry out.  Rose had reheated enchiladas the next day and loved them.

They serve food daily from 11am to 8pm; Saturday 11 to 4pm, and closed Sundays.  The shop itself opens an hour earlier.

It is easy to find: coming from Boquete, on the street from the Panamericana going to Hospital Chiriqui, it is a large building on the right, some 3 or 4 stops from the Panamericana.

• 5 months later...

Marcelyn and I ate at La Casa Mexicana for the first time yesterday while in David.. We arrived a bit after 12 noon and found ample parking. Upon entering (there is a security door that has to be released by an employee) we were greeted by a smiling employee who showed us to our table. La Casa Mexicana is basically two businesses linked together. The right side is dry goods, etc., and the left side is the restaurant. Two other tables were already occupied, one of which was friends from Boquete there to celebrate a birthday. That was a pleasant surprise for us.

We had very quick service, and had placed our orders within a few minutes. Marcelyn chose a beef tostada plate and I chose a beef burrito. We both had lemonade for our drinks.

While waiting for our food to arrive, I was wanting to use my iPad to take care of some business matters, and the manager saw that I was accessing my iPad. He came over to the table to offer their WiFi access code, and then waited for me to enter the code to be sure that we got connected to the Internet.

In short order the drinks and entrees were in front of us. Large servings (too large for either of us) and very, very tasty.

The facility was clean, air conditioned (but not freezing, which pleased us even more), was quiet, prompt service, etc. And really tasty food.

The bill is closed out on the right side of the facility at the check out counter. The manager asked if we qualified for a jubilado discount (we did not initiate that dialog). Very reasonable prices, great food, great service, warm and engaging ambiance, etc. What more could anyone ask for?

We then chatted with the manager, Rafael, who told us that they have been open for about nine months. We thanked him for the good dining experience and ended with a "and we will be back". That put an extra large smile on his face.

Here is the business card that Rafael provided:

5a9aa4c8be213_LaCasaMexicana.thumb.jpg.401265139443f64eb4bafd2a40ec9bde.jpg

Ate there today. We thought it was ok. Nice atmosphere, fair prices, good size portions, and good service. The food just did not taste like Mexican food. Very bland and lacking true Mexican flavors. The salsas were all from a can. Burricicos in Volcan is still the better choice.