A Special Notice... The Luffa

NewsLady

2 Guys & A Cooler

Good Day to you.  How's it going?  Hope your assimilation in Panama has been a great experience.  We have been asked recently to publicly post our menu and explain what we do for some who may not know.  So Here goes.

Our goal is simple.  Fast, easy, affordable, delicious, and convenient meals ready for you to eat whenever you get hungry.  Our menu changes every week and our selections are unbeatable.  More diversity on one menu than you'll ever see anywhere.  We package our meals, label them with reheating instructions, and freeze them.  All you have to do is pick out what you would like to try.  We make Cajun, Mexican, Tex-Mex, Chinese, Thai, Italian, French, Russian, German, you name it.  Our food is truly international.  Ingredients that are specific to that region are sourced to make each dish taste authentic and different.   We know how challenging it can be moving to a new country.  We also know that it's hard to get the food that you might be familiar with.  For the price of a local dish (roughly $4 per person) we are able to bring to you a variety of choices to please your appetite.

From time to time we have plants that are available as we also love to garden organically.  This week we are offering `a very special plant called the Luffa..  Soon I will have some Serrano peppers as well as Chocolate Habanero Plants available...  We also share stories about our experiences here in Panama.  Often we come across unique trades or local items that people might want to know about.  Each week we send an email to those who are on our email distribution list with a menu and any updates that follow.  If you would like to get on our email list please let me know.  Just send me an email and I will add you.  My email is cajuneric@gmail.com

If you have any questions please let me know as we are here to cook, help, and serve...

Eric and Co.

2 Guys & A Cooler

This is an example of this week's email:

Looks like the weather is starting to break.  A beautiful and windy summer is upon us.  If you have a green thumb I hope that you have planted your summer crop...  This is a great time for tomatoes, spinach, peppers, kale, and lots more.  The wind keeps the leaves dry and the diseases away.  This week I have a few plants that are available.  I still have some raspberries that were not picked up so if you would like some let me know.. I also have some Dragon fruit plants also.  But this week I have a really cool plant ready to go.  It's the rare Luffa plant.  This famous plant grows as a beautiful vine and produces a fruit that is edible when young.  If you allow the fruit to mature it will dry on the vein and you will have a completely natural, totally organic sponge.  Used for exfoliating, washing dishes, showers....  I don't have many but if you want some let me know.  This plant produces fruit quickly.  All plants need to be picked up from our place as it is too cumbersome to bring plants to the market (no room).

Some of you have already taken advantage of our 10% discount by picking your order up.  This is so easy and convenient that it will blow your mind.  We are fairly easy to find just off of the main road and we will bring your order out to you.  Unlike the market where the crowds are a little nuts, and the hustle and bustle of the morning makes getting your order hectic...   Picking up from our home is easy, quick, painless, and as an added bonus you get our already affordable meals just a little cheaper as we add a 10% discount to your order...  

Remember, Please let me know if you are picking up at our house on Monday (Anytime after 2pm), if you want delivery, or if you will be picking up at the BCP.  

I hope you enjoy the diversity and if you are new to this email all you have to do is reply to me and let me know what you want.  I will then place that aside for you to pick up here at my place (with a 10% discount) or deliver it to your doorstep.  Because of space and the nature of our business when we sell out of an item it's gone (until we decide to make it again)  Generally we try to rotate the really popular items through our menu.  Enjoy and let me know if you have any questions.. 

If you are picking up just call when you come and honk when you get to get to the gate.  If you need directions let me know so I can send them..  My number is 6866-0072

If you want home delivery this week you must let me know in your preorder.  Send me your phone number, and give me directions to your house.  If I delivered to your place last week there is no need for additional directions..  On Monday afternoon (between 2 and 5) I will be making deliveries.  Thanks to all who took advantage of this.

Delivery costs $3.00 per order (Orders over $35 dollars qualify for free delivery ) 

If you have any questions you can email me at cajuneric@gmail.com

Thanks for reading

Eric, Cecelia, Chandler, Keira, and Aidan

Plants

Luffa Vine  $2.00

Rasperries  $1.00

Dragon Fruit  $4.00

Entrees

Sweet Sticky Spicy Chicken  $9.00: A real flavor blast.  We use the trifecta of ingredients for the sauce to coat these breaded chicken bites.  Sweet(Brown Sugar), Sticky (Honey), and Spicy (Srirachi hot sauce) says it all with this dish.  A touch of garlic and a hint of ginger really elevates this dish..  A wonderful assortment of stir fried red bell peppers and grilled pineapple next to a bed of Jasmine Coconut Rice and Black Rice (Forbidden Rice).Now with more rice, more chicken, and more sauce!! This is a Spicy Dish. Feeds 1- 2  

Broccoli and Chicken Divan  $8.00: A crowd pleaser.  This wonderful casserole is full of flavor.  Chicken cubes and broccoli make up this dish as it is layered with cheddar cheese a butter and parmesan cheese bread crumb topping, and a delicious gravy that is made up of white wine, sour cream, and mushroom soup (has condensed soup in it which contains a form of msg).  Feeds 1 - 2

Italian Chicken Parmigiana  $8.00:  Ready for a full bodied Italian dish?  This Chicken dish is right on track.  Lightly breaded chicken breasts that are pan fried then baked are served over a bed of Fetuchini Pasta that has been tossed and coated in our Carbonera sauce of Cream and eggs.  Finally the Chicken is covered in a special Parmigiana tomato sauce and coated with mozzarella cheese.  Back by popular demand.  Moist and tender.  Each dish feeds 2 Adults.  

Chandler's Honey Chicken  $9.00 : This Chinese favorite makes its way into our menu by way of Chandler.   A delicious twist to this Chinese takeout classic.  Honey Chicken is a mild Chicken dish that has been gently tossed in a sweet and tangy Honey Sauce.  Coated with a corn starch slurry this batter makes this dish unique.  Almost like a tempura batter.  Paired with a delicious side of Chinese Fried Rice this dish is for 2 adults.  (Contains an ingredient that has a trace amount of MSG in it. Also has a touch of sesame seed oil in the fried rice.) NOW WITH MORE CHICKEN AND MORE SAUCE!!!!    

Chicken Leek and Mushroom Casserole $9.00:   Tender Chicken Thighs cooked in a white wine reduction sauce with crispy bacon, button mushrooms, and fresh leeks (Puerro).  This comfort food simply takes the cake in flavor.  Served with a generous portion of creamed mashed potatoes.  Now with more mushrooms, bacon, leeks and chicken!!  Feeds 2.

(GF) Mexican Tortilla Soup $8.00: This Boquete favorite is a personal favorite as well!  Spicy and rich this hearty tomato based Mexican soup has it all.  Comes with fried crispy tortilla chips (for garnish) has loads of tender and succulent chicken meat, and tons of fresh veggies like tomatoes, onions, zucchini, black beans, corn, roasted red pepper, and more.  Seasoned with chipotle peppers, oregano, cumin and more this well balanced soup is as authentic as it comes.  Just like Abuelita used to make.  All you have to do is add a dollop of sour cream with a pinch of cheddar cheese.  A great soup that will not disappoint

(GF) Texas Pulled Pork  $8.00:  Have you ever been in one of those moods?  This week we wanted some Texas Pulled Pork so I fired up the Big Green Egg and started smoking Boston Butt that's been injected with an apple juice marinade on Thursday.  We finally finished smoking everything we had on Saturday 70 pounds.  What a week, !!!  You gotta love authentic, tender, succulent, properly cooked pulled pork that's been bathed in our very own house crafted BBQ Sauce.  A Sweet and tangy pork experience that's hard to find here in Panama.  Nice crunchy bark with a beautiful smoke ring throughout.  Cooked the only way this Texas/Cajun knows how, on a pit!!!    All that's missing is some Cole Slaw, a pickle, and an onion.  Each portion is enough for 2 healthy sandwiches.  Slap it between a bun and you got lunch in under 5 minutes!!     

(GF) Mexican Beef Enchiladas  $8.00:  A Winner every time this entrée is a plate full of wrapped corn tortillas filled with delicious Mexican style ground beef that has fresh herbs, jalapenos, tomatoes, onions and small potatoes cooked in it.  Mixed with cheddar and mozzarella cheese and topped with our very own signature Mexican Red Sauce.  Mild-Medium spicy.  Feeds 2 Adults

Eric's Kicked Up Meatloaf $8.00: Delicious beef and pork mixed with an assortment of grilled and sautéed vegetables that have been cooked in Olive oil and Pure Grass fed Butter, combined and tossed with an original meatloaf sauce…  Full of BOLD flavors.  Served with a side of Home Fries.  Moist and delicious.  Feeds 2.  

(V) Deluxe Creamy Mac & Cheese  $7.00:  Who doesn’t just love Mac and Cheese?  This version is ultra creamy and super cheesy!  We utilize many different types of cheeses to make this amazing comfort food.  Cheddar, Mozzarella, Cremoso, and Parmesan just to name a few all come together for a rich and creamy experience that’s topped with a butter breadcrumb topping.  Great as a side or as a stand-alone meal.  Bake and enjoy.  Feeds 2

(GF)Thai Coconut Chicken Curry  $8.00:  A different taste of Thailand is on the menu this week.  We have a wonderful blend of delicious ingredients to make an outstanding Yellow curry that is stir fried in coconut oil.  This dish is considered authentic street Thai..  Tender and juicy chicken thighs mixed with onions and Potatoes are all brought together with the addition of fresh kaffir lime leaves and toasted coconut.  A real flavor blast.  This is a medium spicy Thai Dish and will feed 2 adults.  Best over Jasmine Rice.  (Rice not included)

(GF)Chinese Beef and Broccoli  $8.00 (Now with less sodium):  Enjoy this classic take out dish.  Wonderful and tender beef tossed with blanched  crisp broccoli and mixed with a tangy and spicy Chinese sauce.  We changed our soy sauce brand and it made a wonderful difference in the saltiness of this dish.  I also tweaked this recipe to add a delicate sweetness to balance out the spicy.  It came out ridiculous.  Great over noodles or over white jasmine rice.  This dish will feed 2 adults. (Does not come with rice)  This is a medium Spicy Dish

Tex-Mex Pasta Casserole (New and Improved)  $8.00:   Enjoy a south of the border creation that blends flavors from the Lone Star State with spices from Latin America.  Creamy black beans and corn popping with flavor as they are mixed with cheddar and  all tossed in a ground beef and Mexican salsa mixture. Oregano, cumin and cilantro is then added to the mix as it is tossed with rotini pasta.  Topped with cheddar cheese this is a real treat for 2 adults.  Add some sour cream to top of this experience.

Pasta Pizza Bake  $8.00:   Be adventurous. This deconstructed pizza has all the wonderful flavors that you've come to love from pizza.  We use fresh basil and oregano in our pizza sauce and toss it with our very own Italian sausage and hamburger meat.  We then create a layer of al dente cooked rotini pasta tossed in an Italian carbonera sauce.  Next we layer the meat sauce over it and add nice layer of mozzarella cheese and finally topped with some pepperoni.  A classic in its own right.  So delicious and perfect for 2 Adults.    

(GF) Chicken Tikka Masala $8.00:  In the mood for some Indian food?  I was able to get my hands on some premium heavy cream from Anchor and I just had to make this classic Indian dish that is loaded with exotic flavors!  First we marinate white chicken breast in a yogurt spice sauce.  After a day or so we then grill them in olive oil and toss the chicken pieces in a cream tomato sauce that has wonderful herbs, exotic Indian seasonings, and fresh peppers..  Recommended to serve with Jasmine rice or noodles.  Let me know if you need any Jasmine rice (Cooked $1.00 per bag)  Mild-Medium Spicy.  **Extra Virgin Olive Oil is used to sauté veggies and cook chicken. 

Salad

Cobb Salad  $7:    In the mood for a crisp and refreshing salad to start the week?  This salad just takes the cake.  Chicken, tomatoes, bacon, bleu cheese, eggs, onions.  A mix of 4 varieties of hydroponically grown lettuce and a house crafted original cob salad dressing…   This is a fresh salad and will be good for a couple days in the refrigerator.

Sides

Cooked Jasmine Rice $1.00:  Each bag has pre-cooked rice ready for you to warm up and serve with your dinner.  Easy and no hassle

Desserts

Cranberry Scones  $1:  Baked just before the market these beautiful scones are perfect for a quick breakfast or snack on the go.  Loaded with fruit you will find these scones to be moist and flakey.

Brownies  $1:  Treat yourself to a chocolate blast.  4 Types of chocolate and with walnuts this dessert is for the serious chocolate lover

Breads

Ready Bake Crescent Rolls  $5.00/ bag of 5:    This product is superb!!  Each order comes with 5 crescent rolls that have been frozen solid.  All you have to do is let them rise and bake them.  These fresh Crescent rolls are big enough for a sandwich!!  Ultra flakey and really tasty.   (Limited Quantity Available)

Banana Walnut    $5.00:   A great market Classic.  Sells out every time.  Moist and delicious full of perfectly ripe bananas and topped with walnuts. Freezes great.

Pumpkin Spice Bread   $5.00:  This soda bread is a seasonal classic.  Local Pumpkins are used for this delicious loaf along with all the fall spices that you've come to love.  Check it out for yourself...   Lots of flavor and a great snack .  So delicious. Freezes great.

Thanks for reading

Eric and Cecelia

cajuneric@gmail.com