Decrease in the Homicide Rate

34 minutes ago, Bonnie said:

I'm not sure I believe this. It seems like I've read about more homicides than reported here.

And, even if it's true, tell it to Betsy and Marion. Cold comfort at best.

Bonnie, it should have read 'lowest point in 6 years'.

Officials are trying to tell us here that they're on the right track.

We can only hope they're right and that crime in general will be reduced, and these kinds of indicators will continue to improve.

Our friend Joe is one of the 39 victims in July, sadly the only month in which there was an actual increase from last year.

Edited by Keith Woolford

People of Panama don't care and don't trust about that statistics.  It only shows homicides but what about the other crimes that, thanks God does not end in homicide.  We have recently bank robberies in Panama City.  Business robberies.  Car theft.   Assault or armed robberies to people in the streets.   Home breaks.   We think that they are only concentrating on Homicides but not giving more information on the other crimes.  We want a safe place for us to walk and the protection of our belongings.  

We will keep criticizing the Minister and the government until this problem is solved.   I saw an interview on Channel 2 where the minister were asked about the issue of Minors committing violent crimes and he told the news reporter that they are working in changing the regulations and laws about that issue.   People want actions.   We will wait and see.

• Upvote 1

"I saw an interview on Channel 2 where the minister were asked about the issue of Minors committing violent crimes and he told the news reporter that they are working in changing the regulations and laws about that issue.   People want actions.   We will wait and see."

Roger, if it's anything like everything else going on in the courts and the political arena, I wouldn't hold my breath on the laws being changed anytime soon. Sad to say, but the wheels grind ever so slowly.

22 hours ago, Roger B said:

People of Panama don't care and don't trust about that statistics.  It only shows homicides but what about the other crimes that, thanks God does not end in homicide.  We have recently bank robberies in Panama City.  Business robberies.  Car theft.   Assault or armed robberies to people in the streets.   Home breaks.   We think that they are only concentrating on Homicides but not giving more information on the other crimes.  We want a safe place for us to walk and the protection of our belongings.  

We will keep criticizing the Minister and the government until this problem is solved.   I saw an interview on Channel 2 where the minister were asked about the issue of Minors committing violent crimes and he told the news reporter that they are working in changing the regulations and laws about that issue.   People want actions.   We will wait and see.

Roger, I think this is a good indication that pestering elected officials works.

• Downvote 1