104th Spay/Neuter Clinic in Volcan

April 23, 2017 - 42 animals were spayed/neutered by Dr. Andres Tello, our wonderful veterinarian. http://spaypanama-chiriqui.org/104th.html This brings our total of dogs and cats sterilized to 3,885.

Although we have sterilized more than 42 animals in one day, this was our longest day ever. We didn't close the doors until 7:30 pm. We had a LOT of BIG female dogs, two abortions (all more time consuming), plus three huge tumors and a knee surgery. One tumor took an hour, and the knee surgery was also quite time consuming. Dr. Tello also performed eye surgery on a dog. One cat had to be euthanized.

We are very fortunate to have such a skilled and compassionate veterinarian as Dr. Andres Tello! He is the best veterinarian I have ever known—anywhere.

Thinking back to when we first began the clinics. I was always concerned that we wouldn't have enough animals. I walked the streets of Volcan, knocking on doors, giving literature to people and trying to sign up their animals for sterilization. I'd also post 60 notices all around town before each clinic. The initial work paid off,  because now with just word of mouth, every clinic is full long before clinic date. As of today, April 30, we already have 26 appointments on the list for May 21st, so call right away for an appointment.

We now offer teeth cleaning of dogs at our clinics. I bought a complete set of dental instruments, and Alex Rios does a great job. Alex has already cleaned the teeth of 11 of my dogs. We offer this for dogs that have already been sterilized or will be on clinic day. Cost is $25. The cost will be extra if one or more teeth need to be extracted. Be sure to make an appointment. 

As always, my heartfelt thanks to Dr. Andres Tello, to our wonderful volunteers, to those who contribute, whether it is funds or otherwise, and to all who bring their animals to be sterilized. TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

Big hugs!
Dottie 

Dottie, you are an amazing person. Hats off to you (and of course your helpers including Dr. Tello) for the fine work at the Volcan spay/neuter clinics. You are making a difference.

Teeth cleaning for dogs at the clinic is a terrific addition to your program.  9_99_9:D