I just returned from downtown. The main street is blocked from Los Establos to Revilla/Multibank. There was just a horse parade on Sunday, so I don't know what this blockage is about. Also, the street parallel to main street to the west is blocked behind Sugar 'n' Spice going south for continued construction on the sewer lines. Getting around is very difficult.

According to the events roster for the 106th Anniversary celebrations, there is a Civic parade down the Avenida principal scheduled for 10:00 a.m. and another at 2:00 p.m. with Señorita 11 de Abril and antique cars.

At 7:00 p.m. there will be Artistic presentations in the square.

17761158_1149531275157704_3680139414331250143_o.thumb.jpg.061a2bc3d5855859900d23d7285e059c.jpg

This is Semana Santa, a holiday week and we live in a tourist town. The Orchid Fair is on along with Anniversary festivities, and religious celebrations. The 'plumbing work' has to continue or it will never get done.

Edited by Keith Woolford

After living here a long time, I have learned that a parade scheduled for 2 will start at 5, and one scheduled for 10 will start at noon or 1.  If it is different this year, please let me know.  I have given up trying to watch parades.

Keith, where was this events roster published?

At times, particularly when I have a doctor's appointment in David, I would like to find a way to know in advance if there are significant road closings so I can build that into my travel time.